Pearl Harbor restrictions

Lorey2007

Go to the NPS site for Pearl Harbor and they give very specific instructions in the "Plan Your Visit", "Security Measures" paragraph. Basically no purses, fanny packs, camera bags, etc. But...check the site for everything you need to know. Have a great time. Cherie

Edited by cccole

There are lockers you can rent if you have camera bag or purse - much safer than locking these items in the trunk of the car. However, when we drove to Pearl Harbor for the day, I left the camera case and my larger wallet back at the hotel...wallet was in the room safe. Instead, I had the camera over my neck, and transferred my driver's license, cash, and one credit card to a small wallet that I could put into my pocket. I seem to recall slipping the big telephoto lens under the front seat of the car as I wanted to grab pictures at the Punch Bowl after our day at Pearl Harbor.

Particulars are noted on the NPS web site.

Darcy

Edited by WatchHill

I thought it was odd about 10 days ago when I walked in, somebody had a backpack on in front of me and just got waved in, no checking, no nothing.

But I also saw a lot of people heading over to the lockers automatically. So I guess it's a crapshoot in the end.

-jarrod

Taken from the NPS Pearl Harbour site

"Bags: Bags are prohibited at the Pearl Harbor Visitor Center due to strict security measures. Cameras, cell phones, wallets, and other similar personal items are allowed, but not if they are concealed in a purse, handbag, fanny pack, diaper bag, or camera bag. Although law enforcement and security bike patrols monitor the parking lots, do not leave items of value in your car. You may store your bags in the storage facility near the Visitor Center entrance for a nominal fee of $3 per bag. The Visitor Center is open daily from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m."