Corpus to Houston...Same day ok?

chloemonkey

We are sailing out of Houston in October but will be spending a couple of days in Corpus Christie to check properties and visit inlaws..

My question is....would you risk flying out of Corpus the day of? to Houston that is....on Southwest. We are trying to figure out whether to do the Corpus run before or after the cruise.

Bottom line is that we could also fly to Houston the day before and find a hotel IF that seems like a better plan....

So you Texans...please chime in!

We are sailing out of Houston in October but will be spending a couple of days in Corpus Christie to check properties and visit inlaws..

My question is....would you risk flying out of Corpus the day of? to Houston that is....on Southwest. We are trying to figure out whether to do the Corpus run before or after the cruise.

Bottom line is that we could also fly to Houston the day before and find a hotel IF that seems like a better plan....

So you Texans...please chime in!

You could almost rent a car and drive up in the morning instead of flying. Just drop off the car at Hobby airport and grab some transportation from there to the port. Might be cheaper in the long run that flying. (depending on how many of you there are). It is only a tad over 200 miles if you take a direct route. By the time you get to the airport, check in, wait to board, board, fly, get off plane get luggage you could of almost made the drive. I wouldn't do the flight day of, but that is just me.

and the is no "e" on Christi. :D

You could almost rent a car and drive up in the morning instead of flying. Just drop off the car at Hobby airport and grab some transportation from there to the port. Might be cheaper in the long run that flying. (depending on how many of you there are). It is only a tad over 200 miles if you take a direct route. By the time you get to the airport, check in, wait to board, board, fly, get off plane get luggage you could of almost made the drive. I wouldn't do the flight day of, but that is just me.

and the is no "e" on Christi. :D

"MY BAD!" as I even own PROPERTY there! And type that address practically every day! BUT I have been known to add the "e" before.....at which point my DH (Corpus native!) is QUICK to correct me too!

Thanks for all of the advice.....I will discuss with DH as he makes the Corpus runs from Los Angeles all of the time....and is used to the flying.

Again, thanks to all for taking the time to give me their input!

Although it's normally a short, quick flight, I would not risk the flight on the same day (too many variables - weather, mechanical, etc). Remember that Hobby airport is some distance from Galveston so you've got to deal with traffic as well. And while Southwest has a great performance record, remember that the plane that takes you from Corpus to Houston has to come from somewhere else first.

I tend to be conservative on these things, but why risk your cruise? If you have the flexibility to go down to Corpus after the cruise..that would be my choice.