Where to park in Galveston

abatlin

I have seen older postings of where best to park when leaving out of Galveston. I am wondering if there are any new places this year or what is currently the easiest to use. We will be sailing on Carnival at the end of July. We would greatly appreciate hearing suggestions from past guests.

Thanks!

At your lodging or port operated parking or private operated parking

As to best it's the same now as present and older posts on related

threads have advised .

However, the port has increased access fees to terminal areas

for lodging and private parking operators

up to three times .

It is being protested but is supposed to be in effect July1st.

If so, the costs will most likely have to be passed on.

Keep in contact with you reservations as to happenings.

Edited by ssb

I have seen older postings of where best to park when leaving out of Galveston. I am wondering if there are any new places this year or what is currently the easiest to use. We will be sailing on Carnival at the end of July. We would greatly appreciate hearing suggestions from past guests.

Thanks!

It's not new, but there's convenient covered parking across the street from the terminal.

Cruise critic doesn't allow a direct link.

Just google or bing the name "Galveston Park And Cruise" for a direct link.

We're using Discount Cruise Parking for our cruise that leaves this Sunday. It's the farthest lot from the pier, but it's also the cheapest, especially with the $5 off coupon you can find using Google. It's adjacent to I-45 at the exit to the cruise area and they have shuttles.

We've used Lighthouse in the past. I don't think you can go too wrong with any of them. I just looked for the best price and DCP gets excellent reviews.

It's not new, but there's convenient covered parking across the street from the terminal.

Cruise critic doesn't allow a direct link.

Just google or bing the name "Galveston Park And Cruise" for a direct link.

Yes you can. If you post a business name or link to a censored site, a series of **** will appear in the posted name or link. It usually means that particular website has spammed our community with advertisements for their site. If it is another cruise or travel site such as ours, it would fall under Other Cruise & Travel Sites in the Advertising Is Not Allowed section in the Guidelines.

Those of us that live in or near this port of call cannot recommend individual businesses in our area, but we can offer general information.

Do you mean this one, Galveston Park N Cruise? It is one of those mentioned here: http://www.galvestoncruisetips.com/getting-to-and-parking-for-galveston-cruise/. If so, their link is as follows: http://galvestonparkncruise.com/

If I remember correctly, Galveston Park N Cruise and Galveston VIP Cruise Parking are the only two of the various cruise parking lots in Galveston that do NOT offer a shuttle to and from the cruise terminals.

Kat emo32.gif

Edited by Host Kat >^..^<
typo due to fat paws & skinny keys!

Yes you can. If you post a business name or link to a censored site' date=' a series of **** will appear in the posted name or link. It usually means that particular website has spammed our community with advertisements for their site. If it is another cruise or travel site such as ours, it would fall under [b']Other Cruise & Travel Sites[/b] in the Advertising Is Not Allowed section in the Guidelines.

Those of us that live in or near this port of call cannot recommend individual businesses in our area, but we can offer general information.

Do you mean this one, Galveston Park N Cruise? It is one of those mentioned here: http://www.galvestoncruisetips.com/getting-to-and-parking-for-galveston-cruise/. If so, their link is as follows: http://galvestonparkncruise.com/

If I remember correctly, Galveston Park N Cruise and Galveston VIP Cruise Parking are the only two of the various cruise parking lots in Galveston that do NOT offer a shuttle to and from the cruise terminals.

Kat emo32.gif

Are they charged a per space fee anyway by port of Galveston.

Are they charged a per space fee anyway by port of Galveston.

I would not know. Your wife was investigating the situation:

As of now they (parking lot owners) are to pay a one time a month $30 fee per parking space at their lot. An increase from $8.63/space/month,

Will look into any effects on taxis and hotels as we know some on the board and hotel owners.

Will post an answer as soon as we find out.

Even though it was protested, did it go into effect July 1 as you posted?

... However, the port has increased access fees to terminal areas

for lodging and private parking operators

up to three times .

It is being protested but is supposed to be in effect July1st.

If so, the costs will most likely have to be passed on...

Kat emo32.gif

I would not know. Your wife was investigating the situation:

Even though it was protested' date=' did it go into effect July 1 as you posted?

Kat [img']https://s.yimg.com/ok/u/assets/img/emoticons/emo32.gif[/img]

According to the Galveston County Daily News it has gone into effect.

The fee is based on "per space per month"

However, I believe a lawsuit has been filed in protest.

Edited by Galveston Cruiser

According to the Galveston County Daily News it has gone into effect.

The fee is based on "per space per month"

However, I believe a lawsuit has been filed in protest.

Thanks for the info!

Kat emo32.gif

Thanks for the info!

Kat emo32.gif

It will be interesting to see if the parking prices will increase to the consumer. I would assume the lot owners would pass the increase on to the users.

The POG charges to lot owners were less than $10/space/month; have now increased to a little less than $30/space/month.

Yes you can. If you post a business name or link to a censored site' date=' a series of **** will appear in the posted name or link. It usually means that particular website has spammed our community with advertisements for their site. If it is another cruise or travel site such as ours, it would fall under [b']Other Cruise & Travel Sites[/b] in the Advertising Is Not Allowed section in the Guidelines.

Kat emo32.gif

To repeat: Park N Cruise is across the street from the terminals.

Edited by Stevesan

To repeat: Park N Cruise is across the street from the terminals.

Howdy Stevesan! emo22.gif

Yes, I know. emo34.gif However it is important for anyone reading this thread to be aware of the fact they do not have shuttle service. Especially for anyone like this short fat old lady emo3.gif that has difficulty walking long distances such as from the other side of the street through the port property to Terminal #1 or Terminal #2 which is further down.

The driver and passengers can park the car then everyone lugs all their luggage and carry-ons to the terminal for their cruise. Or, the driver can drop the passengers off at the terminal for their cruise along with all luggage and carry-ons. (Hopefully, the traffic will not be too bad. emo12.gif) The driver then parks the car and walks back to the terminal. That way, only one person has to "walk the walk" and does not have to lug any luggage or carry-ons. Easy peasy!

Kat emo32.gif

We have used both Lighthouse and ParkNCruise. I prefer PNC but they are both good. PNC does not have a shuttle but they are just across the street from the terminals. That is why I like them......one less person to tip. Lighthouse does have a shuttle and they are 3-4 blocks from the terminals. I have never had a problem getting in and out of the terminal parking area, I just drop my wife and our luggage off at the curb, get a porter to take our big luggage and then drive across the street and park. It takes less than five minutes. They both have websites where you can check pricing and pre-pay for parking.

Kat

Are you saying

Park and cruise since no shuffle service

does not pay fees to port?

No. I have no information if they do or don't.

I have osteopenia with a risk factor for developing osteoporosis and cannot "walk the walk". I am just trying to help any others reading this thread that might have problems with walking long distances as I do. Even though the two lots mentioned are "across the street", there is still too long of a distance (for me) to walk after the street is crossed.

Kat emo32.gif

i didn't see mentioned that park and cruise is indoor and locked and secured for the entire week you're gone. as kat said, i just drop off my wife and our luggage right at the terminal. There are porters there to take the bags immediately. i drive over and park then walk the short distance across the street to the terminal. for those with mobility issues you should perhaps go elsewhere as the shuttle drops everyone at the terminal. if you're capable of a 10 minute walk on level ground, usually in weather ranging from mild to hot as h311 you're a candidate for park and cruise. book it early and online as they fill up well before the departure date.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was very disappointed with Lighthouse. When we arrived, we had to wait over 30 minutes in the heat for a shuttle to arrive to take us to the cruise terminal. When we returned, we had to wait over an hour (again in the heat) for a shuttle to take us back to our cars. We had to load our own luggage onto the van and when the driver dropped us, he said he would not be taking the luggage to our cars, he would drop them centrally and we could then drive to pick them up. We again had to unload the luggage from the van and then load in our cars. Very disappointing.

We had good luck with LH this past week (Navigator). We arrived early though and were quickly picked up. We also had no wait on the return. We were dropped in the middle of our row. And we had a large group of people and tons-o-luggage.

We returned fairly late (Belize Customs week) and did notice MANY people that were coming on, all waiting by their cars for a pickup. Can't say for sure, but I never saw a second van/bus running - but pickups were clearly getting behind.

I am fine with the pothole patches, but we all value the covered parking and prompt service. Stay with it LH, you have a good thing going. Don't drop the ball. You know the traffic and terminal issues better than anyone, use this knowledge to run enough vans and keep in touch over the radios.

I was very disappointed with Lighthouse. When we arrived, we had to wait over 30 minutes in the heat for a shuttle to arrive to take us to the cruise terminal. When we returned, we had to wait over an hour (again in the heat) for a shuttle to take us back to our cars. We had to load our own luggage onto the van and when the driver dropped us, he said he would not be taking the luggage to our cars, he would drop them centrally and we could then drive to pick them up. We again had to unload the luggage from the van and then load in our cars. Very disappointing.

We had something similar to this a few years ago with LH. That is why we no longer us a parking service with a shuttle. We use Park N Cruise which is right across the street and it is an easy walk over to the terminal. They also have inside parking available.

There is also another one that is right on the corner by the red light which is Galveston VIP Parking. We haven't used them since they changed from BOI Valet Parking but when we did go there, it was great and the parking is inside.

We like these because we have more control over getting to the terminal and leaving.