Chac-Chi..... still not rebuilt?

Tom-n-Cheryl

We're sailing on the Carnival Sunshine early next year, and one of the stops is Costa Maya.

Several years ago we enjoyed a nice day at the old "hole-in-the-fence" club, but realize it got hit pretty hard a few years back by a hurricane.

Any word if it's been rebuilt, or is it simply a pile of debris now?

THANKS,

Tom

Last ship webcam I saw, nothings gone on there. I heard the guy gave up on the place. There was a rumor the port or someone associated with the port was trying to buy him out, but I don't think they got anywhere.

If you still have the "directions" you can still get through the hole, I think. You're jus ton your own once there.:(

Last ship webcam I saw, nothings gone on there. I heard the guy gave up on the place. There was a rumor the port or someone associated with the port was trying to buy him out, but I don't think they got anywhere.

If you still have the "directions" you can still get through the hole, I think. You're jus ton your own once there.:(

Thanks.

I'll skip the "on your own" part, as it was unsettling enough heading through there knowing you were heading to a business. No telling what might happen to folks now! :eek:

ps -- looks like you're overdue for a cruise !! :)

Tom

Edited by Tom-n-Cheryl

• 2 weeks later...

Is this the place to the right of the pier? I might be mistaken, but I was thinking that I read (on here) that they were going to fix the place up and something about a water park there as well? I may be totally going senile, but that's what I was thinking I read awhile back. (Not saying that if it's true then they have started on it). :)

That's the place. But I don't think it's where the water park is being build. I thought that was inland a bit and using fresh water. I could be wrong about that.

You're probably right Crew. I had just briefly read over the thread and just assumed they were talking about this place because I think it was mentioned in there.