Adding a filter to a Nikon Coolpix P510

fletch1027

As an official stance, the Coolpix 510 doesn't support filters due to lack of a threaded end on the lens.

However, I have seen a couple of online mod options to make a filter possible. One looks like an add on "extension" that looks like it mounts via what looks like little bracing screws. This one looks less that desirable to me.

The other one I saw was a smaller attachment that looks better to me as it appears to slide on (without any "pinchers") and looks more light weight.

Does anyone out there have any experience with these 3rd party modifications for cameras like the Coolpix 5x?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

As an official stance, the Coolpix 510 doesn't support filters due to lack of a threaded end on the lens.

However, I have seen a couple of online mod options to make a filter possible. One looks like an add on "extension" that looks like it mounts via what looks like little bracing screws. This one looks less that desirable to me.

The other one I saw was a smaller attachment that looks better to me as it appears to slide on (without any "pinchers") and looks more light weight.

Does anyone out there have any experience with these 3rd party modifications for cameras like the Coolpix 5x?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Personally I would never modify a camera to add anything to the lense.

I added a filter to a Canon SX-40 and it works just fine. Mostly I did it to protect the lens. I did a search on eBay and then looked up reviews of the products on an independent site. Most of the vendors were selling the same thing. It was very inexpensive so I felt I was not gambling much.