First Disney Cruise

SmogMonster

Just booked our first Disney cruise. We will be on the Dream January 19. We are seasoned cruisers but still wonder if there are any tips or things we should look for. We will be taking our kids age 10 and 15.

If you have late dinner a good time to go on Aquaduck is when those that have early seating are at dinner. Pelican Plunge on CC is quite fun for kids that age and taking a bike ride of the island is neat as well.

I am also planning my first Disney cruise and typed Disney cruise tips into my search engine. You will be able to read so much your head will spin! Fish extenders? Dining rotations? Pirate parties? Mickey ice cream bars? Who knew? Lol :D

Tips and such seem harder to find out Disney cruises than other lines. I can hardly find any reviews either. I will post any when I return since I am leaving next month. Hopefully I will learn a few things along the way.

My son was quite a bit younger than your kids, but we did go on the Dream last January. It was so nice escaping the cold...and I live in Florida! Castaway Cay was our absolute favorite part of the entire trip.

If you're looking for a review, I posted mine on my blog, with a bunch of photos and some videos - maybe there are some tips in there for you: http://www.thephotographerswife.com/disney-dream-bahamas-cruise-trip-report-day-1/

Just don't read the last day...I was pregnant and got really sick! Yuck!

Not sure where you are looking' date=' but there are tons of tips and tricks threads and reviews on line. Start at the top of this board and then move on.

And my hint is too late for OP. Don't book the Dream. Book the Fantasy or Magic instead.[/quote']

I have mainly cruised Carnival and once HAL. There seemed to be plenty of reviews with pictures posted. I did a search on the Disney Fantasy and didn't find much on these boards. I was hoping to find a review from last year for the same time I am cruising. Maybe I missed it.

The disney boards on CC are less active than carnival or NCL.

My tips would be:

1. REMY. Eat at Remy. Do the wine pairing! It will be one of the most amazing meals of your life, anywhere!

2. Aquaduck! So much fun! I waited until the last day to try it and wish I had gie the first day, every day.

3. Try the family activities with your kids. The dance parties, the "game shows," the crafts.

• 2 weeks later...

We cruised the Fantasy for the first time in March. We will be doing one on the Magic this January. The best tip is that you can get Mickey bars in the dining room and delivered with room service to your cabin. I don't believe the Mickey Bars are on the regular menu. In the dining room they will add a bunch of chocolate sauce to your bar unless you tell them otherwise...

My son was an infant on our first cruise, so I cannot help much with age specific things for your kids.

Other things to note- Cabanas, the buffet for breakfast and lunch turns into a sit down dinner, I think with a carving station for dinner, and doesn't open until 6:30. It is not open the first and last nights, which makes absolutely no sense to me. The room service like most lines is included. I found it to be mediocre at best. My husband didn't think it was as bad... Just tip the person who delivers the food...

The night of pirates night there will be fireworks out on the pool deck.

That is all I can think of now. Have a great time!