Name of the beach?

bucky0926

When I was in Barbados many years ago my husband and I went to a beach that was right across the way from a rum diistillery. He remembers it as docs beach even though we can't find a reference to a beach with that name. Would anyone know which beach I am talking about? Thanks

When I was in Barbados many years ago my husband and I went to a beach that was right across the way from a rum diistillery. He remembers it as docs beach even though we can't find a reference to a beach with that name. Would anyone know which beach I am talking about? Thanks

Do you recall the name of the rum distillery and whether this was right near where the ships dock in Bridgetown? There is a Mount Gay Rum Distillery right near the cruise docks and there is a beach right across the street. That beach is called Brandon's Beach. Our first time in Barbados was in 1992 on our first cruise and our ship was there till 10PM, so we walked down to that beach at sunset for pictures then back to the ship. At the time I didn't know the name but recently found that it was Brandons.

Do you recall the name of the rum distillery and whether this was right near where the ships dock in Bridgetown? There is a Mount Gay Rum Distillery right near the cruise docks and there is a beach right across the street. That beach is called Brandon's Beach. Our first time in Barbados was in 1992 on our first cruise and our ship was there till 10PM, so we walked down to that beach at sunset for pictures then back to the ship. At the time I didn't know the name but recently found that it was Brandons.

I think it was the Mount Gay Distillery. He kept going on the end part of the tours to get samples. LOL I don't think we traveled too far from the cruise ship so that is probably it. He also seems to remember there being a pier that people were fishing from nearby. Does that fit the bill?

I think it was the Mount Gay Distillery. He kept going on the end part of the tours to get samples. LOL I don't think we traveled too far from the cruise ship so that is probably it. He also seems to remember there being a pier that people were fishing from nearby. Does that fit the bill?

That's definitely it. When we were on our honeymoon in 1992, we were on a southern Caribbean cruise out of San Juan. The day we were in Barbados from 9AM until 10PM. We did a tour first then walked over to Brandon's Beach to get sunset pictures then back to the ship.

Can you rent chairs/umbrellas at this beach? Do they have food or beverages nearby?

When we were in Barbados our 2nd time in May 2013, we were told that there were "no facilities" at Brandon's Beach. That could have changed so hopefully someone who has been there more recently can tell you for sure.

• 3 weeks later...

If we get dropped off at Accura, where is the most scenic place to rent chairs/umbrella. Love PALM TREES.....

Then where would be a good place on the beach to have a coke/snack/light lunch?

Then we could walk the Boardwalk as it looks pretty and end up at Rockley before heading back to ship. How long of walk is the Boardwalk?