Bernard's Tours

Firetrk

We will be in St. Maarten from 1pm-8pm on the Explorer in September. I would like to do the tour with Bernard's but on his website it looks like the last tour is at noon. Has anyone ever done an afternoon tour with him?

When Explorer gets into St Maarten at 1pm, Bernards tour pick up time is at 1:30. Explorer will be the only ship on Sept 29th in St. Maarten.

We have done Bernards tours many times and booked him again for May 26th getting in at 1pm. I believe we are on the same cruise of Sept. 25 for Explorer getting into St Maarten on Sept 29th at 1pm.

Let me know if you have any additional questions, be glad to assist.

Thanks for your help! September can't come soon enough. This will be our first time in St. Maarten so we are looking forward to the tour.

Oh please don't wish summer away, this winter has been soooo looong and coo old!:D

• 2 weeks later...
It says they provide beer and rum punch. What kind of beer, Modelo? When do they start serving?

Sorry but I do not know what kind of beer they serve b/c I don't drink that == but it comes in bottles. They also have soft drinks and water. The rum punch is pretty strong and they just pour it in little plastic glasses. You are welcome to as much as you want. Serving begins the moment you get on the bus/van and a passenger is designated as bartender. Serving stops when you arrive at a stop (like the beach or whatever) and then resumes when you get back on the bus/van. You cannot take drinks off unless you have already started drinking it. You cannot take anything "to go."

I was just there in March and we're going on his tour again in June. Great tour.

Sorry but I do not know what kind of beer they serve b/c I don't drink that == but it comes in bottles. They also have soft drinks and water. The rum punch is pretty strong and they just pour it in little plastic glasses. You are welcome to as much as you want. Serving begins the moment you get on the bus/van and a passenger is designated as bartender. Serving stops when you arrive at a stop (like the beach or whatever) and then resumes when you get back on the bus/van. You cannot take drinks off unless you have already started drinking it. You cannot take anything "to go."

I was just there in March and we're going on his tour again in June. Great tour.

Thank you, we are booked I two weeks. I can't wait..:D

It says they provide beer and rum punch. What kind of beer, Modelo? When do they start serving?

When we went in Feb 2013, the beer was Carib. And the cooler opens as soon as you set foot in the van (at least on our private tour). :)

When we went in Feb 2013, the beer was Carib. And the cooler opens as soon as you set foot in the van (at least on our private tour). :)

did Bernards in Dec and the cooler opened just before we got to Orient but there were 8+ ships in port and we didn't get the entire tour - they had to turn around and we got half the island twice - and it took us an extra hour or more to get back to the port because of traffic. i'm looking to do a different excursion tour next time -maybe twin island

How many people do they normally take on a tour? Did the tour get to be a drunk fest by the end? Don't want to be on a tour with a bunch of drunks.

Also do they provide snorkel gear for the beach stop or is that easily rented at the beach?

Edited by mattR

How many people do they normally take on a tour? Did the tour get to be a drunk fest by the end? Don't want to be on a tour with a bunch of drunks.

Also do they provide snorkel gear for the beach stop or is that easily rented at the beach?

Bernards tour has many vans they use where some hold 6, 8, 10 or more. I've been on his tours numerous times and we're booked again for this month. They do provide rum punch which is served in a small cup. I have never seen people drunk on his tours. They also provide beer, water and soda.

They do not provide snorkel gear but it may be easily rented with Tour II.

We took a Bernard's tour last week. Mailman was our driver. We had a great time. Rum punch was served but no one came close to getting drunk. We were on a narrow Toyota bus. Enough for two people on each side of the aisle........maybe 16 total.