Abes of Maine Cameras and Electronics

I have seen many not so great reviews of them on photo message boards over the years. I just stick with B&H or Adorama. If one company is selling something for a big discount than everybody else...red flags for me. If buying new the prices should be pretty much the same accross the board. Buying used now that is a whole different kettle of fish.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

You are probably safe if you go through Amazon as they do keep an eye on their marketplace vendors.

However, Nikon is a "universal pricing" entity - which is what "fair trade" items used to be... meaning, Nikon strictly controls the price of their items, and any dealer found discounting might face sanctions from Nikon, including revocation of their dealer license.

Many dealers sell both USA warranted items as well as Grey Market. Do you know for sure that this is a USA warranted item or a Grey market item?

Edited by awboater

I wouldn't do, but that is just me. I like to buy direct with either B&H or Adorama, never been a fan of third party sites for anything.(that is just my preference. Not a reflection on amazon). Just make sure you are not getting grey market stuff and have the full warranty.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

It's new, it's the Nikon 18-300. Everyone is asking 999.99, and Amazon was selling it for 929.00+10.99 S&H...but Abes of Maine Cameras and Electronics was the seller.

It really doesn't matter but I would order it via Amazon.Com to be on the safe side.

I purchased my Nikon 18-300 Lens (I love it) from Amazon last year. Last year it shipped from Amazon. Some of the lenses I have purchased from Amazon came from other vendors such as B&H. The prices usually are very similar.

For most vendors other than say B&H I prefer to just use Amazon because I have found Amazon.Coms customer service to be outstanding the few times I have ever needed them.

It takes a few minutes to figure out how to contact them via their web site but once you do you click and then it asks you when you want to be called and you say now and in a few second your phone rings and you are hearing it ring on the other end and then there is a customer service rep there and any issues I have had have been resolved promptly and fairly.

Keith

It's new, it's the Nikon 18-300. Everyone is asking 999.99, and Amazon was selling it for 929.00+10.99 S&H...but Abes of Maine Cameras and Electronics was the seller.

I just checked Amazon and I only see the lens at around $996.00. I didn't see one where Abe's is the vendor.

I checked the Abe's site and they show the lens at $897.94. Not sure what the shipping cost is. I would be sure to google this vendor and be really sure that there are no issues. It is not often that I see something from Nikon discounted by one vendor by so much so just be careful.

Keith

I just checked Amazon and I only see the lens at around $996.00. I didn't see one where Abe's is the vendor.

I checked the Abe's site and they show the lens at $897.94. Not sure what the shipping cost is. I would be sure to google this vendor and be really sure that there are no issues. It is not often that I see something from Nikon discounted by one vendor by so much so just be careful.

Keith

When I went to Amazon to make the purchase, Abes was one of the "other" choices you could choose from . So I would be using Amazon's site, but I guess Abes would have been the one filling the order.

I guess since I have posted the original post, this is not a choice anymore.

I was just wondering if anyone had dealt with them. If there would have been a lot of good feedback I would have ordered it. I'd rather be safe then sorry!

• 1 year later...