Liverpool Chester Tour

In Liverpool go to Albert Docks; they have the Beatles Musueum; it is really nice to tour. Also, you can walk from the Docks to downtown, once downtown you can go to the Cavern Club; this is where the Beatles got their start; there are gift shops all around downtown and at Albert Docks. I felt by touring the Docks area and downtown I started to understand what some of the Beatles songs were about. You can also hire a taxi to drive you to some areas that aren't in downtown. Strawberry Fields, was an orphanage that John Lennon visited with his mother; hence he wrote a song about it.

Originally Posted by banditoo viewpost.gif

Our roll call (August 12 Crown Princess) has organized a day tour of Liverpool and Northern Wales (Chester & Conway castle) with PJ Chauffeurs. You may want to check with them.

http://www.pjchauffeurs.co.uk/

That is a terrific amount to do in just one day!

I would say so, to get to Conway Castle in August wil take at least an hour and half, also Chester is a place worthy of at least a half day tour,

there is so much to see in Liverpool as well that this seems a very tight schedule.

There is a lot to do in Liverpool, without spending a lot of money.

There are two manificent Cathedrals, both very different but well worth visiting.They are in walking distance if you are fit but the walk is uphill and maybe worth taking a taxi if you are not fit enough to do the walk. The Anglican Cathedral has a nice Refectory where you can purchase a snack or a meal. I think you can also purchase food at the Metropolitan Cathedral Refectory. The Cathedrals are very close together you will be able to see them from the Liverpool waterfront, they are either end of a street called Hope Street.

The Albert Dock and Maritime Museum are in close proximity with the Pier Head. There are also other museums and art galleries all within walking distance.

There is also a Beatles tour and the there is an amphibious bus that takes you a tour around the city and then plunges into the Dock.

Of course you can always do the shopping thing:eek: ( I meant window shopping);)

To get to Chester you would have to get the bus from the City Centre. You can also get the train. I think on the bus the journey is just over an hour the train will be much quicker.

Hope this will be of help to you.

If there is a ships tour, or if you are able to do it independantly,I would recomend Port Sunlight(named after Sunlight soap!)It is certainly different than anywhere else you are likely to visit.A little insight into British excentricity.

The Albert Dock, as well as the Maritime Museum and the Beatles Story,is home to the northern outpost of Tate Modern.

For anyone with young children somewhere a little different is Underwater Street (www.underwaterstreet.com) It is a hands on activity centre with lots of things to make and do.Sittuated under the Cunard Building ,right next to the pier.

Archived