Carnival pre-board options

Crusi3r_

Hello all!

I booked a trip on the Breeze departing September 13 and this is the earliest I've ever booked a cruise (53 days and counting). I normally book with less than a month left until sailing date. This is actually the first time I ever scored some OBC on a cruise.

So now that I have some OBC thanks to booking early I was wondering what other perks I've been missing out on.

I was reading on another post about spa passes. Are they worth it?

I'm familiar with the Cheers and Bubbles program. Are there any other beverage programs/options? Maybe a reduced Cheers where instead of 15 drinks you're limited to 5 or 10?

I've also heard of the Bon Voyage dept. where you can order liquor bottles ahead of sailing and have them waiting for you in your stateroom. Are there other things you can order from Carnival ahead of sailing?

Cruise cash. What is it? Is it worth it?

Anything else I'm not aware of?

Thanks in advance to a who reply.

...Are there other things you can order from Carnival ahead of sailing?...

I am new to Carnival myself, so can't answer your other questions, but I do know you may want to consider purchasing FTTF (Faster to the Fun) through shore excursions online if available for your cruise. It will give you perks such as priority boarding, luggage delivery, dinner reservations, tendering, etc., if these things are important to you. I believe it is currently $49.95 per cabin, not per person.

Hope this helps.

Hello all!

I booked a trip on the Breeze departing September 13 and this is the earliest I've ever booked a cruise (53 days and counting). I normally book with less than a month left until sailing date. This is actually the first time I ever scored some OBC on a cruise.

So now that I have some OBC thanks to booking early I was wondering what other perks I've been missing out on.

I was reading on another post about spa passes. Are they worth it?

I'm familiar with the Cheers and Bubbles program. Are there any other beverage programs/options? Maybe a reduced Cheers where instead of 15 drinks you're limited to 5 or 10?

I've also heard of the Bon Voyage dept. where you can order liquor bottles ahead of sailing and have them waiting for you in your stateroom. Are there other things you can order from Carnival ahead of sailing?

Cruise cash. What is it? Is it worth it?

Anything else I'm not aware of?

Thanks in advance to a who reply.

As to whether a spa pass is "worth it" or not is purely personal. Like anything else that you would have to pay extra for on the ship, such as photos, specialty restaurant, alcohol, etc., it's strictly your choice. To the best of my knowledge, there is only one Cheers program, with no other options available. If you go to the Bon Voyage's web page, you'll see a number of things you can order ahead of time. Flowers, cabin decorations, birthday cake, cookies, just to name a few. We've never purchased cruise cash. Here's the link:

http://www.carnival.com/FunShops/item/D28/cruise-cash-general

And here's the description:

Cruise Cash provides an immediate credit to a guest's Sail & Sign account. This credit is good for any charge made to their account including taxes and gratuity charges. Cruise Cash is valid for a single voyage and cannot be transferred to future bookings. Cruise Cash is non-refundable and any unused credits will be forfeited.

I always order wine or champagne, sometimes with delivery to the cabin and sometimes to the MDR. And sometimes both.

Sometimes order hoodies and/or the high seas tote bag, depending on who I am cruising with.

They have always been delivered as and when requested.

If you order wine from them the corkage fee in the MDR is waived.

Of course it is totally personal preference.