Steel Drums Back Pleaseeee

Cardancer4

Just a shout out to my fellow cruisers and Carnival, I miss the days of a live band playing music by the pool all afternoon. And I really do wish that jumbo TV was turned off during the day. If I wanted to see a TV I would watch it in my room or go into the sports bar. I'm on vacation, on a cruise ship, on the ocean, I don't want to see TV or hear blasting large commercials. Comments, suggestions and opinions please....

Just a shout out to my fellow cruisers and Carnival, I miss the days of a live band playing music by the pool all afternoon. And I really do wish that jumbo TV was turned off during the day. If I wanted to see a TV I would watch it in my room or go into the sports bar. I'm on vacation, on a cruise ship, on the ocean, I don't want to see TV or hear blasting large commercials. Comments, suggestions and opinions please....

Totally agree! I love steel drums and agree that the large screen is out of place and annoying in the daytime.

You know how the old saying goes...........

If wishes and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas

I try not to waste any time wishing for something that is never going to happen, or lamenting over a dead horse.

I really don't mind the giant TV; it is the DJ's that I find annoying. It used to be that when you boarded the ship and went up to the Lido deck and heard the island music, you knew your vacation had really begun. Now I just avoid the area. I am not saying that I want that kind of music all week, but it would be nice to have it on the first day. The DJ's are so loud, that on our last cruise we could not even sit in the serenity area. The serenity area had its own music playing at the same time that the DJ's were blasting away, and we could not even carry on a conversation. The Island music was always more of a background sound, and would allow you to talk.

I really don't mind the giant TV; it is the DJ's that I find annoying. It used to be that when you boarded the ship and went up to the Lido deck and heard the island music, you knew your vacation had really begun. Now I just avoid the area. I am not saying that I want that kind of music all week, but it would be nice to have it on the first day. The DJ's are so loud, that on our last cruise we could not even sit in the serenity area. The serenity area had its own music playing at the same time that the DJ's were blasting away, and we could not even carry on a conversation. The Island music was always more of a background sound, and would allow you to talk.

There have been numerous threads posted on this already. Simply complaining about it on here won't get anything done. Next time you're on a cruise, get as large of a group of fellow passengers as possible that feel the same way as you and go to the Guest Services desk en masse and voice your complaints to the management. If you do that enough times, they're bound to get the message, at least about the unnecessarily loud big screen T.V., and the annoying D.J. Remember the old saying, "The squeaky wheel gets the grease."