Queen Victoria cabin 1066

oceansandseas

Just returned from section of World Cruise on Queen Victoria. Great cruise. One new friend was in cabin 1066. His first cruise. Light sleeper and he had trouble sleeping. During the night there was banging from above. Would wake him and he could not get back to sleep. On deck plan it looks like the area above is Queens Room.

He complained many times to the Purser's office. They would not try to find out what was causing this banging. They would not investigate when times of the banging were given to them.

One morning when we were eating breakfast in the Lido there was a loud bang from above that startled me. He said that was the type of bang that he was hearing during the night.

Just wondered if anyone else has had cabin 1066 on Queen Victoria or a cabin closeby and has heard this banging. He is not a CC member and I said that I would ask this question for him.

Thanks for any information.

Since he was awake anyway, why didn't he get up and go investigate the noise? That's what I would have done.
Thank you for saying what I was thinking.

Investigating may have uncovered evidence to support a quick visit to the Purser's Desk next morning. The source of the problem may have been tackled quite quickly.

Mind you for some, solving issues isn't nearly as much fun as moaning about them to all who will listen.

Best wishes,

Edited by pepperrn

Just returned from section of World Cruise on Queen Victoria. Great cruise. One new friend was in cabin 1066. His first cruise. Light sleeper and he had trouble sleeping. During the night there was banging from above. Would wake him and he could not get back to sleep. On deck plan it looks like the area above is Queens Room.

He complained many times to the Purser's office. They would not try to find out what was causing this banging. They would not investigate when times of the banging were given to them.

One morning when we were eating breakfast in the Lido there was a loud bang from above that startled me. He said that was the type of bang that he was hearing during the night.

Just wondered if anyone else has had cabin 1066 on Queen Victoria or a cabin closeby and has heard this banging. He is not a CC member and I said that I would ask this question for him.

Thanks for any information.

We were in QV 1074 last spring. On a couple of nights we heard a banging. We complained, they investigated, didn't find anything. But after those nights, it stopped. :confused: