P&O Explorer - paid dinner and show

I am back from my 10 night cruise on the new P&O Explorer and as promised I went to the paid dinner and show , Love Riot.

Once I got onboard I went to Angelo's restaurant where they had about 5 desks set up for you to book any restaurant reservations you wanted for the cruise. I booked Dragon Lady for that night, Angelo's the next night and then Love Riot for the following night. They gave you a printed slip with the time and date for each booking. They had this set up each day in Angelo's for folks wanting to prebook dinner in any of the restaurants.

The ticket for dinner and show stated it was for 5.15pm in the Waterfront restaurant. That surprised me as I was thinking I would be eating dinner whilst watching the show.

I will post the menu after this but there was a course not listed on the menu which was the very first course which was a martini ball (a sorbet ball to freshen the palate ) . The people who had paid for the meal where all seated in a curtained off area of the Waterfront restaurant at tables of 4, 6 or 8. There may have been around 50 people all up. Suffice to say all the courses were absolutely delicious and for $14 it was an absolute bargain. The dessert itself was amazing. ($29 all up but the show without meal was $15) . At around 7.15 the cast members came to collect us all and took us to Black Circus (old Vista Lounge) to be seated in the first 2 rows , the VIP area where we were then given our included cocktail.

The show was amazing there was juggling , uni-cycling, trapeze work, contortionist work, hula hoops and full on visuals. ( and some nudity ) The show went for 90 minutes , with a 15 minute interval. It was a visual feast and one of the best shows I've seen on sea or land.

The lounge was packed and the show was repeated again at least twice more during the cruise. The artists were from all different countries and were fabulous.

So for me it was money well spent and I would happily do it again.

565c34866b2d98fdf1ce24ea1675312b.jpg

6d3d8bfcb279201a3904abc466cd13e6.jpg

Hope the pics work.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for review of Love Riot....the show sounds exciting, against my better judgement I might have to book a P&O Australia cruise just to witness the debauchery.:')

I wonder if the Love Riot show will extend to other Carnival Corp ships...I reckon the posh Cunarders will love it...oh dear, what have I said.:halo::o