Anyone book through stay123 . Com?

love2traveljen

Has anybody use the service? I know they can help you find park stay and cruise packages, and I think I remember seeing some good reviews about it but I'm a little nervous on the price they are giving me it's almost 100 less than what the hotel is offering for stay and park

Also if they don't always answer their phone. So just a little reserved

TIA

My card was number was compromised using this company last July. Yes I had a reservation and while out cruising over 800.00 in on line purchases where made on my card, traced back to this company. If you do a search on them on this forum will will see I'm not the only victim. However I will say that was my second time using them. First time was in 2012 with no issues. Good luck , beware.[emoji15]

My card was number was compromised using this company last July. Yes I had a reservation and while out cruising over 800.00 in on line purchases where made on my card, traced back to this company. If you do a search on them on this forum will will see I'm not the only victim. However I will say that was my second time using them. First time was in 2012 with no issues. Good luck , beware.[emoji15]

Thank you for letting me know. I'm a little freaked out, I've had my credit card compromised last year, and it was a nightmare. We did originally book though them but cancelled, hmmm, could they have done it after I cancelled? My god I can't go through this again!

I'm canceling tomorrow and making sure they delete my info, or maybe call my bank and get them to cancel that card and re issue. Not comfortable at all!

Thanks so much for the heads up

I went ahead and canceled my card this morning. After I was reading the reviews like you requested a lot of bells went off. A lot of the complaints were around the same time last year that my credit card was compromised. We never did figure out what company or website that my credit card information was stolen. Like I said in my last post I originally did book through this website for my cruise last year but ended up canceling and booking directly through the hotel. It just doesn't feel right. I'm not sure if they fixed that issue but I'm not taking any chances. Thousands of dollars was stolen from my account last time I'm not going Through that again. Thanks again for the heads up I appreciate it

Your welcome, better safe than sorry. Not worth the few bucks you might have saved bookihg through them. It took me til November to get my money back. Thank God it wasnt more than it was.

Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my SM-T310 using Forums mobile app

Your numbers can be stolen anywhere. Just depends on the person you are dealing with. Our friends just had theirs stolen at a popular restaurant in Ft. L. Since they saved receipts, they could call the restaurant manager and let them know the day, time and waitress. Was very helpful for that manager.

Ours was taken by someone at a condo hotel land vacation.

We each have a card "for travel only" and " internet purchase only"cards with limits. That way if anything goes awry, we are not messing around with our everyday cards. If one gets stolen while away, we have a backup.

Your numbers can be stolen anywhere. Just depends on the person you are dealing with. Our friends just had theirs stolen at a popular restaurant in Ft. L. Since they saved receipts, they could call the restaurant manager and let them know the day, time and waitress. Was very helpful for that manager.

Ours was taken by someone at a condo hotel land vacation.

We each have a card "for travel only" and " internet purchase only"cards with limits. That way if anything goes awry, we are not messing around with our everyday cards. If one gets stolen while away, we have a backup.

I understand it can come from anywhere, but it was too Coincidental for me. I thought about it more and I actually feel better booking directly with the hotel and paying a little extra for the peace of mind that I have the room on that day. I've worked at hotels and if the rooms are over sold, the first ones to be bumped are third-party reservations.

So ya stay123 is a good deal, but I'd rather have a room, and the money in my bank :)

• 2 weeks later...

We had two of our cards compromised after booking with stay 123 two years ago at two separate occasions. Will never book with them again no matter how much cheaper they are.

I booked a room in Fort Lauderdale Hampton for the night of April 18 through Stay123.com. I paid a deposit of $27.00 to make the reservation. When we arrived in Fort Lauderdale, the Hampton Inn said they did not have our reservation. I showed them my printed reservation for April 18th, and after investigating further they discovered Stay123.com had actually booked the room for April 16 in error. So of course our credit card was charged for the room charge. Stay123.com would not refund the deposit, and Hampton would not refund the room charge. It actually wasn't their fault so I can understand that. We ended up staying at a different Hampton Inn, for a much higher rate. Now I'm filing a fraudulent charge through my credit card for the room charges plus the deposit. I WOULD NEVER, NEVER, EVER USE STAY123.COM FOR ANY REASON. I have tried calling them repeatedly, they NEVER answer the phone. If I leave a message, they NEVER return the call. This outfit is a total scam, in my opinion.

This is why whenever one books a room thru ANY third party, they should contact the hotel itself for THEIR confirmation number. This could have been avoided with a simple phone call to confirm the reservation. Hope you remember this when booking in the future.

Hope it works out for you.

I booked a room in Fort Lauderdale Hampton for the night of April 18 through Stay123.com. I paid a deposit of $27.00 to make the reservation. When we arrived in Fort Lauderdale, the Hampton Inn said they did not have our reservation. I showed them my printed reservation for April 18th, and after investigating further they discovered Stay123.com had actually booked the room for April 16 in error. So of course our credit card was charged for the room charge. Stay123.com would not refund the deposit, and Hampton would not refund the room charge. It actually wasn't their fault so I can understand that. We ended up staying at a different Hampton Inn, for a much higher rate. Now I'm filing a fraudulent charge through my credit card for the room charges plus the deposit. I WOULD NEVER, NEVER, EVER USE STAY123.COM FOR ANY REASON. I have tried calling them repeatedly, they NEVER answer the phone. If I leave a message, they NEVER return the call. This outfit is a total scam, in my opinion.

Didn't you read your paperwork you printed out? IMHO this is an error on your part if you did not. It should have stated on your paperwork in black and white the dates that you booked.

Once again I will say I have booked with stay123 about 8 times and never once had a problem.

Have used Trinity Reservations in the past with no problems and their rates include taxes, unlike stay 123. Have also used lmtclub when car was not involved and have gotten great rates.

I looked at Trinity Reservations and it does not show that they have any hotels/motels for the Miami area.

I looked at Trinity Reservations and it does not show that they have any hotels/motels for the Miami area.
You can always book something that is refundable and then get something through them a little closer to your cruise. It is still 8 months out at this point. They don't have anything for FLL for your date either. Edited by SNJCruisers

• 2 months later...

The paperwork we received from Stay123 (in black and white!!!) stated our reservation WAS FOR THE CORRECT date -- April 18!! But Stay123 actually made the reservation for April 16. And also at the wrong Hampton Inn. Not at the one listed below. NOT MY FAULT. It is absolutely the fault of Stay123, and they have refused to correct it. Just the way they handled my complain (or lack thereof) proves to me they are a shady operation! Had they at least apologized and offered some compensation, I would have been satisfied. But we got neither! And ended up paying for two hotel rooms for the one night.

This is the EXACT text from the email confirmation they sent me!

The following is your reservation itinerary:

Guest Information

Guest Name : Joyce XXXX

Check In 04-18-2015

Check Out 04-19-2015

Car pickup date : 04-19-2015

Hotel Name : HAMPTON INN PLANTATION FORT LAUDERDALE CRUISEPORT AND AIRPORT

Number of Rooms: 1

Bedding Type : One Bed

Number of People : 2 + 0

• 3 weeks later...

I booked with stay123 about 5 years ago and got a great hotel and parking package out of Tampa for our spring break cruise. Just booked them again for another spring break cruise out of Tampa this upcoming year, since we like to drive in the day before. When I see that it will cost me $75 just in prepaid parking fees at the cruise port, it's too hard to pass up a $129 hotel stay that includes breakfast for the 3 of us, free WiFI, a heated pool, free RT shuttle to the port, and free parking the length of our cruise.

After reading the horror stories :eek:, I'm a little nervous, but I always have a very close eye on my credit card, and my credit card company has a very good protection plan. Thanks for all the info, though! I will set up a reminder to call the hotel a month before check-in to be sure they have our reservations.

BTW - A similar situation happened to me with a hotel in Orlando some years ago. I had made reservations with the hotel directly over the phone months in advance. Well, the Orlando basketball team made it to the Final Four held in Orlando that year, so the hotel conveniently made the "unfortunate mistake" of moving my reservation date up a week earlier than the date I reserved (Final Four weekend) and then they charged my credit card that low-low rate I originally book when I was a no-show. When I called the day I was supposed to check in to tell them I would be arriving a couple hours later than I expected, they couldn't find my reservation and were completely booked (at 5x the original rate) because of the Final Four event. :rolleyes:

My first go-to choice when it comes to park n stay hotels is to book through Trinity Reservations. Because of the amount of bookings they do, they are tax exempt, so you save money when comparing them to their competitors who always add taxes and sometimes a service charge to the original quote online.