Private Tour in Nassau

angeluv

I'm going to be in Nassau next week and can't decide what to do. I wanted atlantis but for 4 adults and 1 child the price is just ridiculous and I think not worth it.

I think I want to do a private tour with a reputable taxi company. anyone have any experiences doing this? i've found lots of stuff on trip advisor but i'd love to see if anyone here has done it while on a cruise and had a good experience. Any recommendations on good companies?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cheryl Bahamas Taxi and Tours

Fishing, Ardastra Gardens, Snorkeling

Banana Boat, Jet Skiing, Parasailing

Swim with the Dolphins

cherylfoxferguson@live.com

Tel. (242) 393-9899 or (242) 4234982

Got her info from another post and contacted her for our future cruise and she replied back quickly. I contacted her about a private custom tour and she replied back, "The private tour for 3 people is $45.00 per hour (minimum 3 hours), and drinks, such as our signature Bahama mama, are included."

So, not too bad of a price for the three of us - $45 each.

Here is her website http://www.cherylbahamastaxiandtours.com/

• 4 weeks later...
Cheryl Bahamas Taxi and Tours

Fishing, Ardastra Gardens, Snorkeling

Banana Boat, Jet Skiing, Parasailing

Swim with the Dolphins

cherylfoxferguson@live.com

Tel. (242) 393-9899 or (242) 4234982

Got her info from another post and contacted her for our future cruise and she replied back quickly. I contacted her about a private custom tour and she replied back, "The private tour for 3 people is $45.00 per hour (minimum 3 hours), and drinks, such as our signature Bahama mama, are included."

So, not too bad of a price for the three of us - $45 each.

Here is her website http://www.cherylbahamastaxiandtours.com/

:(

We were not pleased with her. There were 26 of us, we booked both her vans for an afternoon tour. We paid a $100 deposit before our cruise. I confirmed the week before. The day we docked she was 2 hours late & only one van came. Then we had to wait for the other van for about another 1/2 hour. Several of the other drivers & even the security person called her to let her know we were waiting. They said she is always late. One of our group was on oxygen, it was really hot so it made for an very unpleasant day.

Dear Buckimion,

Our group of 8 just returned from 9 day cruise upon GOS on Saturday @ 08/27/16. We stopped at Bahamas on Tuesday @ 08/23/16. Just outside Port gate, we connected with cab driver who took all 8 of us in large air-conditioned cab for $4.00 per person (round-trip) to view Atlantis. We only wanted a one hour quick tour of some island attractions, but mostly see Atlantis close-up. Cabbie was nice, talkative, and informative. He stuck to one hour schedule. We also tipped him for his service. There were three ships in port at the time so cabbies were not hurting for business. You need to barter slightly. Eventually, you'll find a cabbie to accommodate your needs. Good luck.

• 4 weeks later...
What is the going rate to simply pick up a cab at the docks for 1-2 hour tour? Is it a good idea?

I have the same question. I don't want to commit to booking a tour in Nassau before we arrive. Traveling with my elderly Dad and don't know if he will be up for a tour the day we arrive. So, I'm wondering if it is safe to just catch a cab at the port for a short tour? Anything to watch for? I know on some Islands, the cabs that are validated/certified by the country have special markings. Does Nassau have something like this?

We use John Wright, he's a cabbie/tour guide located right at the port. Great man and we seek him out every year. We enjoy just riding around, have been to Nassau so many times. He gives a good tour, last time he charged $25pp for a 3 1/2hr tour and there were 4 of us.