New Orleans House - Key West

awestover89

Was just wondering if anybody has ever stayed at the New Orleans House in Key West? We are planning on staying a couple nights there after our cruise in January and they are advertised as the only all gay male guest house in Key West. Sounds really interesting, but we've never done an all gay B&B before.

I haven't stayed there but I did live in Key West for a number of years. I think you misread their website, it says they are the only male guest house on Duval Street...which is true. They are not the only one in Key West....at least not yet, the number has dwindled in the last years.

New Orleans House is co-located with the Bourbon Street Pub. This bar is known for its dancers and for the pool out back....and for being the site of Sushi's famous shoe drop on New Year's Eve. There are several rooms out by the pool and some upstairs above the bar I believe. Personally, I wouldn't want to stay there, simply because of the noise - when I am ready to stop partying, I am ready.

Island House on Fleming Street is the largest and most famous of the gay guesthouses in KW. It has a bar/restaurant that are open to the public but as it is not on Duval it doesn't have quite the same crowd that Bourbon Street does. It is where I would prefer to stay if I could afford to do so. There are other guesthouses on Fleming Street that you might want to check out also.

I haven't stayed there but I did live in Key West for a number of years. I think you misread their website, it says they are the only male guest house on Duval Street...which is true. They are not the only one in Key West....at least not yet, the number has dwindled in the last years.

New Orleans House is co-located with the Bourbon Street Pub. This bar is known for its dancers and for the pool out back....and for being the site of Sushi's famous shoe drop on New Year's Eve. There are several rooms out by the pool and some upstairs above the bar I believe. Personally, I wouldn't want to stay there, simply because of the noise - when I am ready to stop partying, I am ready.

Island House on Fleming Street is the largest and most famous of the gay guesthouses in KW. It has a bar/restaurant that are open to the public but as it is not on Duval it doesn't have quite the same crowd that Bourbon Street does. It is where I would prefer to stay if I could afford to do so. There are other guesthouses on Fleming Street that you might want to check out also.

Thanks. Yes, I found out about Island House when looking at the reviews for New Orleans House on Trip Advisor. We ended up booking two nights at the New Orleans House, but are going to buy a Day Pass for Island House to compare the two, Island House was about double the price of New Orleans, and we are already slightly over budget for this cruise.

We booked a loft room the furthest away from the club, reviews online made it sound like it was reasonably quiet in that room. The price was a little more, but if it really is somewhat quiet it will be worth it.

We stayed at Alexander's Guesthouse on Fleming Street for about a week. It was a great location. We met some very nice people their. I just cant say a bad thing about Alexander's Guesthouse. We did think about booking for next year, but with 4 cruises just not sure if we can work it in. We are planning to go back for March 2018. It is just across the street from Island House.

We stayed at the Lighthouse Court way back in the day. Not sure how gay it is today, while it was very gay in the 80s. Not sure how gay Key West is today. Maybe it doesn't really make any difference as it is probably still a beautiful historic unique American spot. Oh, and i should say that we loved the Lighthouse Court.

Edited by tv24

• 2 weeks later...
I actually stayed there a couple of years ago. I used Hotwire and got the New Orleans. I found out about the all male thing when I checked in. They let me stay and were nice enough about it.

I will say the week we stayed at Alexander's Guesthouse on Fleming Street. At least half the people staying their had been coming the same week for years. They were great about us being newbies. There were just as many men as women at Alexander's Guesthouse the week we stayed.