Breeze and Dream, for those who have been on both.

Gaprofitt

Hey All,

I have a few questions for those who have been on both ships. I am a single Dad traveling with my almost 3 year old son. We just got off Breeze last week and had a blast. I am planning another and have a free promo for inside but I'm upgrading to a balcony, I only pay port taxes. It's about $700 for two for the balcony. I can choose Cove Balcony, Large Balcony or Aft-Extended or regular balcony. We had a regular balcony on the last cruise. I was thinking about either 9477, 9478 or 6477 or 6490. What do you guys think? The rooms on Deck 6 are the L shaped rooms, the others are aft extended. I'm leaning toward the aft extended. The downside is the extra walking it seems.

My son loves mini golf, the breeze had a 9 hole course. I've heard the Dream has an 18 hole course that is awesome. Is this true? I know Dream doesn't have Guys's or the other place but I don't care really. How does the waterpark compare?

Thanks

Pretty sure the mini golf on Dream is also 9 hole, but don't remember exactly. As far as the rooms, if you're going in the summer, aft balconies tend to be hot!! Personally, I would go for the L-shape balcony room....nice room, big balcony! The water park is pretty good, but is better for small children on the Breeze, in my opinion. Hope that helps!

I haven't actually been on the Breeze, but I was on the Dream less than a month ago. There is definitely a full 18 hole golf course, and it was a ton of fun. From pictures I've seen I think the waterworks on the Breeze is a little better, but all the kids seemed to love it on the Dream too.

The Dream has an 18 hole minigolf course, but it doesn't have the rest of the Sportsquare. The Dream doesn't have the dump bucket or large splash area, but it does have two one-story racer slides that the Breeze doesn't have.

I have been on both ships. On the Breeze I had a L-shaped balcony room 7455, while we enjoyed the larger balcony, we felt the room itself was somewhat small for two adults. On the Dream we an Aft-Extended Balcony and enjoyed both the room with the couch and the balcony. We were on deck 9 so there was some privacy, being no one could look down on us, but we could see the neighbors below us if we looked down. We enjoyed the slides and golf on both. We don't travel with children so I can't put my opinion in on that.

I've been on both, extended aft on both, on the breeze the 8th floor and dream the 7th floor. I prefer the 7th. The 9th floor seems to be all shade. When I was on the Breeze they would setup the chairs on Lido around 4:30 am, but since my feb cruise it seems they stopped doing that.

I don't really care about the privacy concerns. When I sit on a chair on the balcony I don't see anyone else and could care less if someone sees me.

Of the two ships, I like the Breeze more.

I haven't actually been on the Breeze' date=' but I was on the Dream less than a month ago. There is definitely a full 18 hole golf course, and it was a ton of fun. From pictures I've seen I think the waterworks on the Breeze is a little better, but all the kids seemed to love it on the Dream too.[/quote']

Hmm, better golf or better waterworks.. :) My son being 3 just splashes around on the Breeze. Is there an area where water sprays or dumps or anything like that on Dream? He sure does love the golf though..

I've been on both ships, and just recently left Breeze less than a month ago. Carnival did a great job of learning from their mistakes (or rather perhaps misdesigns) on Dream and incorporated them into Breeze. I love the ship and all of its unique spaces, many of which I didn't even get to enjoy. They did a phenomenal job of flow on the Breeze as far as incorporating outdoor and indoor space.

The waterpark is far and away better on Breeze. Dream has the slides, but not the extra waterworks areas. Past that, they just did a better job, in my humble opinion, of managing the space. Had I never been on Breeze, I'd tell you Dream is great (and I've sailed her twice) but I was very, very impressed with the Breeze layout.

I am an aft balcony fan. I've done the cove balconies---meh--they are cool but your balcony stays wet all the time from the mist and its just not that great past the novelty of being closer to the sea. The L shaped cabins have a skinny balcony even though it is longer...there is nothing like stretching out on the aft and watching the wake go by. Also, aft balconies are nicer on sea days because they aren't so windy. Also, it is super-convenient to head right up into the Lido to grab food/ice cream/pizza, etc.

Obviously just my 2 cents and experience, but since you asked. :D

Edited by Ruggled

My kids loved the 18 hole course on the Dream, expecially later in the day when it was a little windy and not so hot. The Waterworks on the Dream has the mini slides for the young ones, and a few sprayers, but it doesn't have the dump bucket like the Breeze has (it has a open air racing slides instead) You have to be 42 inches to ride the bigger slides, or they will call security on you.

My kids loved the 18 hole course on the Dream, expecially later in the day when it was a little windy and not so hot. The Waterworks on the Dream has the mini slides for the young ones, and a few sprayers, but it doesn't have the dump bucket like the Breeze has (it has a open air racing slides instead) You have to be 42 inches to ride the bigger slides, or they will call security on you.

Do the racer slides have height requirements?

• 6 months later...

Just sent you an email but now that you've been on both Sunshine and Breeze, can you please help me?!

We are in the same predicament this summer between the Breeze, Sunshine, and Dream. We too are from Georgia so the Port Canaveral or New Orleans drive would be the most ideal but we are completely willing to do Miami if the Breeze seems to be a clear winner. Our kids, like your son, only care about mini golf, toddler splash areas to get wet, and camp carnival. Looks like you haven't sailed the dream yet but I'm anxious to hear how it compares. It's such a nice boat that I think for a toddler it'd still be fun. Sports square and sky course don't matter really. How did the water areas on Breeze and Sunshine compare? Half the time our kids just stand around watching other kids and keep their feet wet. Just want to make sure they'll get that opportunity!