Fastest way to Tortola??

My wife and I are looking for a way to get from St. Thomas to Tortola. We are on cruise #9 and I know we have done this before, but can't remember if there was a ferry from St. Thomas to Tortola. St. Thomas is great, but we have been there several times and would like to see the Baths this trip. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Cruisers that are going to Tortola from St Thomas usually hire a water taxi. That's the fastest way, because it will go on your schedule. The public ferries don't usually accommodate cruise ship schedules.

However, water taxis are very expensive for just a couple. It may work for you if you have a larger group or can coordinate with other people on your ship.

The Baths are on Virgin Gorda, not Tortola.

Yes, I think that Lulu knows that, I assumed she meant as another option since RCCL and another line may offer the Baths as an excursion from STT...

Edited by blue_water

My wife and I are looking for a way to get from St. Thomas to Tortola. We are on cruise #9 and I know we have done this before, but can't remember if there was a ferry from St. Thomas to Tortola. St. Thomas is great, but we have been there several times and would like to see the Baths this trip. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

This is what I was talking about. :)

Yes, I think that Lulu knows that, I assumed she meant as another option since RCCL and another line may offer the Baths as an excursion from STT...

Yes, exactly! Cruise lines sometimes offer an excursion from St. Thomas called "The Baths of Virgin Gorda".

LuLu

This is what I was talking about. :)

Aah yes - I missed that! :

Yes to get to the Baths you'd have to see if there is an excursion offered through the ship unless you're in port an unusually long time for a cruise stop.

The ferry to Tortola is a bit more doable, again depending on your arrival/departure times.

For VG from a cruise ship the ship excursion if offered is the way to go. Otherwise for that trip I'd ask this question on the St Thomas forum on cc's sister site tripadvisor. Someone there may know a private outfit doing this or that will do it for the right price.

A passport is needed and you may need to allow time for customs both ways, not sure with a smaller private operator.

Edited by blue_water