Celebrity Century Drink Prices

Does anyone here know how much Celebrity charge for spirits such as a rum and coke. I have seen prices of cocktails and wines, I just wasn't sure about prices for spirits. I am trying to decide whether it is worth buying the premium drink package Celebrity have. Also if anyone knows how much they charge for cans of soft drink when sailing from Australia:)

Depending on how much you drink, a beverage package may be worthwhile. They are adding them to quite a lot of bookings (PYP or 123 Go) and if choosing this option instead of the OBC or gratuities, they can cover more than just soda and spirits. Specialty coffee/teas and water along with some cocktails, wines, beers etc.

Note -the packages have price limits on the drinks included to each of the respective packages.:D

Most run of the mill spirits were thereabouts the $7-9US mark, keep in mind spirits are free poured and it's rare that you will ever get anything short of what is considered a "double" in Australia. Find the right bartender and you will start getting more spirit than mixer :p

Cocktails were about 10.50, beers about $7-8, martinis were $13, and the fancy "molecular bar" cocktails (which were to die for) were $14.

A drinks package is something worth considering :) They cover much more than just alcohol eg. fancy coffee, bottled water, powerade, red bull then you have all your alcoholic beverages covered which allows you to really enjoy yourself without worrying about bill shock! It's also nice not having to sign for any drinks and when you would usually talk yourself out of that afternoon beer or cocktail to keep the bill from sky rocketing you don't have to worry :D

There is not enough info for their sailing but any cabin class can purchase them, it is only when it is in a PYP or 123Go, then it excludes insides.:D

Yes, PYP and 123 were the only things you referred to, so thought it worthwhile clarifying they don't apply to insides.

• 2 months later...

Hi, I am on the cruise 1st Dec. tossing my options with the drinks package.

I think will buy a package, although, I am not a big alcoholic drinker ... just taking what has been mention about big surprises with the bill

It was my mistake to take a reduce price with not combine other offer like 123go

Just wondering how a big family can save money ... in the roll call there someone making this question.

This is my first cruise so any suggestion is welcome

:)

I have just got off the Century, they seem to charge for everything in the way of drinks so a drinks package (we had the promo and upgraded) was good in that I didn't have to think about it.

There was no Molecular Bar on board Century (unless I missed it) so none of those fancy cocktails. I actually found the drinks too strong and hated the Martini Bar because the Martinis tasted like pure alcohol. The only 'free' drinks are tea, coffee, cordial like juice and water in the Buffet and plain water in the MDR. So I found I was paying for lattes in the coffee shop (quite decent actually) and pots of tea (made with boiling water :eek: ), my orange juice in the morning (from the ice cream bar in the buffet), my mocktail or beer at lunchtime, etc etc. Glasses of wine could be quite expensive though you could get some cheap stuff (and I mean 'not good' stuff).

I found the drink prices to be comparable to land prices, also keep in mind that they are in USD so your dollar is not going to go as far.

They did have $5.50 cocktails each day, but that was limited.

I have just got off the Century, they seem to charge for everything in the way of drinks so a drinks package (we had the promo and upgraded) was good in that I didn't have to think about it.

There was no Molecular Bar on board Century (unless I missed it) so none of those fancy cocktails. I actually found the drinks too strong and hated the Martini Bar because the Martinis tasted like pure alcohol. The only 'free' drinks are tea, coffee, cordial like juice and water in the Buffet and plain water in the MDR. So I found I was paying for lattes in the coffee shop (quite decent actually) and pots of tea (made with boiling water :eek: ), my orange juice in the morning (from the ice cream bar in the buffet), my mocktail or beer at lunchtime, etc etc. Glasses of wine could be quite expensive though you could get some cheap stuff (and I mean 'not good' stuff).

I found the drink prices to be comparable to land prices, also keep in mind that they are in USD so your dollar is not going to go as far.

They did have $5.50 cocktails each day, but that was limited.

hi Elise,

Thanks for the info, I am going with non-alcoholic package and will pay other drinks as I go :)