MS Nieuw Amsterdam SQ Suites

Nymich

Has anyone ever stayed in one of these spa suites. Only two staterooms 10005 and 10006. The information on the net is varied in size etc.... I know the fitness center us below and the crows nest above. Just wondering if anyone out there has stayed in one of these or knows someone who has? Any information us appreciated. Thanks

I rushed around the ship on my cruise and ran up there first so I could see them although we had other rooms that cruise. The suites are gorgeous, lots of space and the balcony is only a minimal downfall as higher than some and much is solid steel. If you booked SQ for the amenities and the interior space more than the balcony you'll love it

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Forums

Edited by InTheWASide

Thank You! Can you describe the balcony.

How high is the railing? Is it solid or clear to see

out while looking out. When you say steel what does that

mean. I am booking this room. Thanks

Balcony is just a couple inches higher than "normal" and the majority is solid. That's what I meant by steel.

Thank You! Can you describe the balcony.

How high is the railing? Is it solid or clear to see

out while looking out. When you say steel what does that

mean. I am booking this room. Thanks

This is Eurodam 10005

attachment.php?attachmentid=102156&d=1232194519

Edited by jtl513

You people are awesome!!!!! Ask and you shall receive. Picture from the outside with a rectangle around it and one of the balcony! Now my wife is only 5' 2. Is she even going to be able to see? One last thing anyone know the square footage of these? Are they considered Neptune?

You people are awesome!!!!! Ask and you shall receive. Picture from the outside with a rectangle around it and one of the balcony! Now my wife is only 5' 2. Is she even going to be able to see? One last thing anyone know the square footage of these? Are they considered Neptune?

They are indeed Neptunes. Neptune Spa Suites. So everything described for a spa room AND everything described for a Neptune Suite applies.

Not sure on the height of the railing. Might want to call Ship Services. If they don't have the info readily available they can contact the ship to find out for you.

But keep in mind you'll have a HUGE window much larger than the normal oceanview room window in the suite as well. (Not the same as a balcony I know, but another way to see out with that room)

Yes, the SQ are Neptune on the N.A. ... but just SU Signature on the Eurodam. I don't know the square footage, but I believe they are larger than the standard deck 8 Neptune.

The steel section of the railing is just a few inches higher than the standard plexiglass, so I don't think your DW will have any difficulty seeing over that part when standing, but while seated she will only be able to see through the plexiglass section.

Edited by jtl513

Just make sure that you are okay with some motion. Being high up and forward means that you will feel more of the ship's movement. The high part of the railing should be well below your wife's sight line if she's standing.

Yikes ! That's a Neptune suite ?? i find that hard to believe . Small obstructed view veranda and cabin that looks average at best ??
Yep, a Neptune on the N.A. ... but the cabin is very large. The pictures above are not showing 10005 or 10006.

Ok since everyone did so well with the balcony........what about the inside of this room on the NA? Even HAL web sight doesn't have one. They only have vista spa suite? Does this room look like a Neptune suite?

Ok since everyone did so well with the balcony........what about the inside of this room on the NA? Even HAL web sight doesn't have one. They only have vista spa suite? Does this room look like a Neptune suite?
It took some hunting, but I found some pictures for you!! I hope this long link works:

https://web.archive.org/web/20120218083048/http://www.dutchbyassociation.com/2010/08/category-sq-spa-deluxe-verandah-suites.html

It took some hunting, but I found some pictures for you!! I hope this long link works:

https://web.archive.org/web/20120218083048/http://www.dutchbyassociation.com/2010/08/category-sq-spa-deluxe-verandah-suites.html

Wow. Good digging. When I killed the blog a couple years ago I didn't even think it might still be cached or archived somewhere. Blast from the past to see it again :D

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I didn't realize that you are the former d.b.a., and wondered what your inside contacts were for info on things like Koningsdam! :)

Yeah. My contacts are a little hit and miss these days since I haven't been at HAL for a couple of years but I'll occasionally get some info. Out of respect for those that tell me though and since they still work there I'll usually just very vaguely hint at most

With shipbuilding though things can change at anytime too. Although after a certain point there's a penalty with the yard if they want to.

Also, I know a lot of people on the blog looked forward to pics of Dozer so here's a current one from a couple days ago. :D

ImageUploadedByForums1419192655.289048.jpg.1a4dfbcae809117fb4bba8ec9f6d3f3e.jpg

Edited by InTheWASide