Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

You know what sets CCFs apart from every other vacationer??? - We take time to pack CAREFULLY!

Really!! We all know people who more or less throw clothes, etc. in a suitcase as quickly as possible. But not us!

And I love that we take all this time in advance, so there isn't a concern with outfits in the middle of the cruise.

I pack underwear, pajamas and items that don't wrinkle easily on the bottom.

Formal clothes (usually cocktail dresses) on top.

The CCFw/Cs (CCF's with Cubes) are in the majority now. They seem to work very well, especially when there's a few days of traveling pre-cruise.

Froufie: Have a wonderful trip:cool:! No sickness allowed!!!

Have you tried Earplanes? They help with the change of pressure when flying. They work for me. You can buy them in Walmart & CVS pharmacy dept.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Earplanes-For-Air-Pressure-Discomfort-Ear-Plugs-1-pair/10533162

I actually have some of those...somewhere - have to dig out my 'cruise box' and travel stuff and find them! Otherwise I saw some in the pharmacy at my work so will get another pair - I know they are good!

I hope that you feel better real soon. Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks a bunch - starting to feel better - can't find my 'earplanes' - will have to buy another pair tomorrow..

But mani/pedi DONE! Splurged and got shellac on both hands and toes this time - got tired of 'repairing' toe nail polish after every beach visit LOL....hopefully this should keep it intact for the whole cruise!

Mother Nature is being unseasonably kind to western PA:cool:. Here at the Lake House, I have raked leaves in a t-shirt and jeans. There have been years that I wore bib overalls over a couple of layers...and boots!

Makes it a little more tolerable to wait for the Next Cruise - a LITTLE more tolerable;);)!

Having 2 cruises so close together, at a busy time of year, presents a couple challenges.

Cruise #1 is very close to being ready. It won't take more than a couple hours to finish DHs packing.

All documents are in Bagalini. Easy!

Thanksgiving at local DSs...a couple days to digest all the food before departing.

And then there's those year end holidays...I love baking, decorating, entertaining...and will fit all of that in while getting an hour or two here and there in the Cruise Room.

I've been working on a preliminary spreadsheet for the January cruise. And since that one is on Anthem of the Seas, the ship is totally new to us. There will be lots of photos and heaven forbid I wear the same outfits on almost back to backs:eek:!

It's not so much wearing the same thing as I really enjoy the Process of putting outfits together.

No complaints! I'm an obsessive list maker and all this activity is keeping the old brain active!

Edited by indiana71

Mother Nature is being unseasonably kind to western PA:cool:. Here at the Lake House, I have raked leaves in a t-shirt and jeans. There have been years that I wore bib overalls over a couple of layers...and boots!

Makes it a little more tolerable to wait for the Next Cruise - a LITTLE more tolerable;);)!

Having 2 cruises so close together, at a busy time of year, presents a couple challenges.

Cruise #1 is very close to being ready. It won't take more than a couple hours to finish DHs packing.

All documents are in Bagalini. Easy!

Thanksgiving at local DSs...a couple days to digest all the food before departing.

And then there's those year end holidays...I love baking, decorating, entertaining...and will fit all of that in while getting an hour or two here and there in the Cruise Room.

I've been working on a preliminary spreadsheet for the January cruise. And since that one is on Anthem of the Seas, the ship is totally new to us. There will be lots of photos and heaven forbid I wear the same outfits on almost back to backs:eek:!

It's not so much wearing the same thing as I really enjoy the Process of putting outfits together.

No complaints! I'm an obsessive list maker and all this activity is keeping the old brain active!

I know what you mean about cruises that are close together. I have one mid Dec, mid Jan and Mid Feb. I am thinking to myself just wash every thing and put it back in the suit case. But I know when I look at the cruise pictures later, I will know which cruise is which. because they are all on the same ship, and go to the same ports. We just want to relax. Sound crazy, but that's us!

• 3 weeks later...

Both pieces of luggage are ready to put in the car! We leave at 6:30 AM TOMORROW:cool::)!

Weather isn't going to be perfect...but that won't stop us from enjoying SailAway out of Baltimore!

I will try (again) to have Outfits photos...while enjoying the Caribbean:cool::)

When we return, Christmas will be so-o-o close! Thank goodness, everything is done except Tree Trimming. Will do that first day back...and shortly after - start the Packing Process for Anthem of the Seas!

I wasn't sure about taking the camera, but uploading is so much easier for me with my camera than iphone...the photos go directly to snapfish. I can't figure out how to upload seamlessly from my phone...such a middle-aged non-techno person:rolleyes:.

Edited by indiana71

Indiana, have a great cruise.

We are doing a short 2 nighter on the 10th so that will hold us off until after Christmas and New years and then the packing will commence.

Going to go much lighter this time.

We realized that it was too much for Tom to handle all of the suitcases by himself since I couldn't be a lot of help this time. Not as much strength in my hip as I would like yet.

Bought some new luggage today that is much lighter than our polycarbonate pieces so that should help. Also it will be 5 months since my hip replacement so I should be able to help more with the luggage.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and survived the Black Friday shoppers.

Have a great day tomorrow,

Gerry

Hope those of you leaving, or preparing to leave, had a calorie free Thanksgiving. My cruise/disney suitcase, with clean clothes, is laying in my laundry room still packed. There's a closet near by, I'm thinking I will hang things up as back they go to Florida at Christmas. Will save time and effort. No sense bringing all that upstairs.

My Feb cruise is on the new Escape. I'm disappointed in all the increases that have been made since I've made final payment. We will have a blast no matter what but it doesn't seem right that they can start charging for things that were advertized as free. Rant over. Happy Christmas shopping.

Edited by sunnydaygirl

• 2 weeks later...

We got back Weds afternoon and getting all the To Do for Christmas chores done since then.

The cruise was spectacular! Mother Nature has been very cooperative with east coast weather:). The Bar Hop in Cozumel was a highlight - we (group of 6) and our tour guide traveled to the other side of the island - no electricity, they use solar power. The 4 bars were idyllic beach retreats. We were given a shot-glass size of their specialty drinks and the food was delicious!

Photos - hopefully by early next week.

Anyway, Christmas is on the top of the priority list. I'm done with the chores and simply enjoying the tree and decorations.

...but the Cruise Room will get busy again next week since ANTHEM is a month away:cool:!

sunnydaygirl: Friends just got off Escape and loved it. Hope you do too!!

NOW for my news: I have been working on getting rid of pounds and inches...not me personally...we are MOVING!!! DH designed a smaller one-story home (with some help from yours truly). Our contractor dug the hole and had the foundation in before the Last Cruise. So we are anxious to see what has been done. The house is only a couple miles from The Lakehouse. We are very excited to downsize...and know there will be lots of memories left behind.

There is much furniture and other stuff that won't be going with us...that's the shedding pounds and inches I mentioned.

So you can see that the next couple months will be busy for us! Having a cruise in January will be a nice respite:cool::)

Edited by indiana71

indiana71,

Welcome back from your cruise. We are leaving Sunday (12/13) on our Regal Princess cruise. Packing is just about done. Just to go over the check list.

Your move sound great. Down sizing is a good thing. I hope that your new home is just what you want.

Both suitcases are in the Cruise Room and ready to fill! Only one item in mine so far - a 2-piece swimsuit with 2 tops:cool:...

This is the day we celebrate "New BirthEm". Translation: On the Next Cruise, we will celebrate a NEW Year, my BIRTHday, and our first cruise on AnthEM;). DH will finally learn about the itinerary, excursions I booked, onboard activities and All About Anthem. Of course, we will eat a Caribbean-style dinner as part of the celebration. And, oh yeah, DH is getting some new clothes. I didn't give him anything new for the Last Cruise, wanted to keep it all for this one.

Next Cruise is less than a month away, so this is later than usual for me to get the Packing Process started...

I prepared for Christmas so-o-o early that I don't recall what's in the wrapped packages. Thank goodness there are gift tags!

This thread has slowed a bit recently. There are lots of non-cruise activities going on, so it's understandable. Our next week is filled with fun, family dates.

Hope all of you are ready (or almost ready) for end-of-the-year events:)!

Both suitcases are in the Cruise Room and ready to fill! Only one item in mine so far - a 2-piece swimsuit with 2 tops:cool:...

This is the day we celebrate "New BirthEm". Translation: On the Next Cruise, we will celebrate a NEW Year, my BIRTHday, and our first cruise on AnthEM;). DH will finally learn about the itinerary, excursions I booked, onboard activities and All About Anthem. Of course, we will eat a Caribbean-style dinner as part of the celebration. And, oh yeah, DH is getting some new clothes. I didn't give him anything new for the Last Cruise, wanted to keep it all for this one.

Next Cruise is less than a month away, so this is later than usual for me to get the Packing Process started...

I prepared for Christmas so-o-o early that I don't recall what's in the wrapped packages. Thank goodness there are gift tags!

This thread has slowed a bit recently. There are lots of non-cruise activities going on, so it's understandable. Our next week is filled with fun, family dates.

Hope all of you are ready (or almost ready) for end-of-the-year events:)!

Christmas is coming on too quickly. Not ready at all.

Excited for you and your next cruise. Please, come back and tell us about Anthem. We are seriously considering this ship for our next cruise. Would love to know what you like and dislike about this one.

I will gladly post a short review of Anthem here! We're looking forward to getting acquainted with this new high-tech ship:cool:!

Yes! There will be a Cruise Room in the New House...but not right away. The house is a ranch with a big basement. Our contractor will finish the basement walls, and then DH & contractor DS will build the Cruise Room - with a large walk-in closet and bathroom.

Packing for the June B2B will be interesting...we could be between The Big House, Lake House and New House:rolleyes:...

Frustration Rant: I tried to copy & paste Outfit Photos from My Pictures and from Snapfish...neither would work:confused:. To add to all that, one DS & DDL suggested we register for a Google gmail account (they said it was easy...) UGH!

Signing up WAS easy - but importing addresses from present email, gmail said my address and password didn't match....Okay, so I want to add each address by typing it in - but Add New Contact screen just goes gray, and there's no dropdown for Contacts... guess it's time to shut down my computer and pour a glass of wine!!!

No more Grinches to deal with!!! Our cable & wifi provider for the new house provides email address...so gmail goodbye;)!

Holiday music has been playing nonstop (yes, there's even Caribbean Christmas music!). The fact that our temp has been in the 50's and even 60's makes it feel (almost) like a tropical holiday:rolleyes:...and I must admit, a little snow would be a nice touch...

In 3 weeks, decorations will be removed and packed to go to the New House, Christmas and New Year's will be sweet memories...and the Next Cruise countdown almost over:cool:.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holiday to all CCFs!

Hope you all remained safe during the recent horrific weather. I am in Florida for a couple months so my cruise prep will be done here. Looking forward to a little shopping here.

Bealls has some great coupons. There is one I got in the mail. 30% off store wide and spend $10. or more and get $10. off. Good on 12/31/15.

Edited by geocruiser

Haven't been on in a while. That pesky real life keeps getting in the way!;)

Don't have any cruises planned for a while:( but there's always hope!

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year!!! May we all have lots of fashion and cruises in our future! J