Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

Hi Gerry ... Love your boarding outfit and love the patterned pants !!! ... Have a great time on your cruise :)

Ok I need to see what everyone thinks of this outfit for a boarding outfit for our June cruise . I have never worn bold colors and patterns for pants before so trying to get out of my comfort zone and just looking for some opinions.

Have a great day everyone

Gerry

• 3 weeks later...
OMG, there's hope yet!!! My oldest is a 39-yo bachelor, and I've given up hope. But, you've renewed it!

Congrats!

Hello- wow! Seems like forever since I've been here. The wedding was amazing! I jumped off the airplane in Atlanta and took a spur of the moment trip back to Florida and then 2 days in Disney. Girls trip.

Many cruising partner was getting a little antsy as no booking with her for the winter. Her DH does not cruise and she realizes on a small group of us. So we just booked a Sept 25th 6 day. Yahoo! We also plan on Jan/Feb on the Vista.

Can't wait to get my bicycle out, gained too much weight with all this travel. :(

Has anybody at all heard from Indiana? I am really starting to worry about her. It has been quite awhile since she posted anything.

Indiana if you are out there PLEASE post just a quick "HI".

Have a great day everyone,

Gerry

Has anybody at all heard from Indiana? I am really starting to worry about her. It has been quite awhile since she posted anything.

Indiana if you are out there PLEASE post just a quick "HI".

Have a great day everyone,

Gerry

Gerry,

I have been worried too. I just did something that I hope is allowed by CC rules. I found her roll call and posted to her to visit us again. I hope she see it.

Edited by geocruiser

I am truly touched by the posts RE my absence from CCF. My attention has been on The Move...(hard to believe that something other than cruising could be the focus for so long!). BUT - Move In Day is a week from Tuesday and it's an exciting time for us. The Big House has just been listed with a realtor. No luck trying to sell it on our own. Nevertheless, we have downsized EVERYTHING and it feels good to filter out the things that were just okay. Only the really good stuff will make the move.

My kitchen is 90% set up (a big advantage!). Cruise clothes are packed in wardrobe boxes and of course, my spreadsheet is done; so packing for the June Cruise will be easy.

The new Cruise Room is laid out, but won't be done until later in the summer. Meanwhile, wardrobe boxes and storage cabinets will be used.

I have purchased only a couple clothing items since my sabbatical from CCF - all part of the downsizing process. It's kinda nice to go back to my favorite outfits and, since this isn't our typical Caribbean cruise, some of the Regular Closet clothes get a chance to travel.

DH has been saying, "Once we get all the pictures hung and Cruise Room finished, what will we do come January 15?" Well...you got it...I booked a cruise and made a surprise out of it for him. That cruise stops in Charleston (we've been waiting for that port of call), Miami, Port Canaveral and Labadee.

So you see, CCFs, I'm making my way back and again, thank you all for thinking about me and, TNGALOHA, for going to the Next Cruise thread to make contact. I am very appreciative and so happy to "talk" with all of you:cool::)!

Edited by indiana71

Nancy, the house will sell quickly, it's the right time of year to sell (especially big homes). We've had 4 realtors knock on our door since we got back from Hawaii last week, probably should sell as its too big now, but...no mortgage is really nice

sunnydaygirl: Love the wedding photo...and isn't it delightful when, after a first cruise, someone books another:cool::)!

Tomorrow is Moving Out Day. Movers will be here by 8:30 and we will go to The Cottage for the night. (Did I mention that the cottage is less than a mile from The New House?).

Tuesday is Moving In Day. Hope to take a photo of the wardrobe boxes holding Cruise Clothes...it's the closest I'll get to a Cruise Room for now:rolleyes:!

If the photo looks okay (in the basement), I'll try to post it. Didn't have luck trying to post from snapfish last time I tried...

sunnydaygirl,

Beautiful wedding picture. Her gown is so pretty.

indiana71,

I hope your moving day goes with out a hitch. Enjoy you new home. Are you still going to keep the cottage being it is so close to the lake house?

Edited by geocruiser

My new walk-in closet is STUFFED with clothes! About half the Cruise Closet is in with regular every day items. Three wardrobe boxes are lined up in the basement with the rest of the Cruise Clothes, and various tops and under garments are in drawers...also in the basement.

There isn't a Cruise Room YET! It should be done and in use by The Next Cruise (January).

Meanwhile, tomorrow is the day I pull out the luggage and begin the Packing Process:cool:. This is cutting it close for me - only 3 weeks until we leave:eek:.

Don't know if I can post any photos. Will try to put an app for Cruise Critic on my phone and see if pix can go...

We should start a new thread called, "Show Us a Picture of Your Closet". We might get new ideas. :D

I read an article yesterday online about closet organizing, and found out I'm already doing one thing right: organizing by color.