10:15 am flight from Barcelona

ssCRUISERS

I am in a similar situation but have booked transfers with sun transfers for €38- cheaper then the €39 for a taxi (only slightly) but more for peace of mind. I have read taxi queues can be as little as 10 mins it as much as 2 hours..

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Yes, we booked ship transfers and made it in plenty of time for a 10.50 flight.

I agree. We have always booked cruiseline air and ship transfers. We get priority disembarkation, the bus leaves shortly after boarding whether it is full or not, and we get to the airport efficiently. Gives us peace of mind.

This September we have have a 10:05 flight from Barcelona connecting in Heathrow to LAX.

We have had early flights in past and have never had a problem. Well except for a connection...We learned never to have a connection in the U.S. after we flew out of Rome to PHL and almost missed our connecting flight to California due to customs/security in PHL even though we had a 2:30hr layover.

Now we make sure we connect in Frankfurt or Heathrow to LAX.

We also self disembark on the ship as early as possible.

• 5 months later...

Our flight from Barcelona (T2) to Dublin in September is at 10.20. The ship (Brilliance of the Seas) is due to arrive in port at 6am.

I am currently looking at transfer options via Barcelona Shuttle Bus, who have assured me that their service would definitely get me to the airport on time. They do offer an alternative (more expensive) private car option, so I'm somewhat inclined to trust their assurance re the shuttle.

Another option would be to self-disembark and stand in line for a taxi.

I would be very grateful for any insights or experiences that would help with my decision.

Our flight from Barcelona (T2) to Dublin in September is at 10.20. The ship (Brilliance of the Seas) is due to arrive in port at 6am.

I am currently looking at transfer options via Barcelona Shuttle Bus, who have assured me that their service would definitely get me to the airport on time. They do offer an alternative (more expensive) private car option, so I'm somewhat inclined to trust their assurance re the shuttle.

Another option would be to self-disembark and stand in line for a taxi.

I would be very grateful for any insights or experiences that would help with my decision.

I would certainly self-disembark, just because keeping hold of your bags reduces the possiblity of any delay. As long as you leave as early as possible there will not be too many queues anyway.

We left our ship NCL Epic as soon as it docked, having breakfasted in our room with goodies that we had prepared from the previous evening and there were no taxi queues at all. All being well you will get to the airport with time to spare - you will just have a very early morning!!

Thank you - sounds like self-disembarkation might be the way to go, along with a taxi. I'd be anxious about the shuttle hanging around too long to fill up and leaving us very tight for time.

Unless anyone else has recent experience of this company?

Thank you - sounds like self-disembarkation might be the way to go, along with a taxi. I'd be anxious about the shuttle hanging around too long to fill up and leaving us very tight for time.

Unless anyone else has recent experience of this company?

No problem to do it with a taxi

The day before yesterday (vorgestern) we disembarked 8 am and picked up

a taxi in a minute - 30 minutes later we checked in and had plenty of time

to shop in this huge airport ( may be for americans its not so huge)

Everything worked fine with Lufthansa to Frankfurt

No problem to do it with a taxi

The day before yesterday (vorgestern) we disembarked 8 am and picked up

a taxi in a minute - 30 minutes later we checked in and had plenty of time

to shop in this huge airport ( may be for americans its not so huge)

Everything worked fine with Lufthansa to Frankfurt

Thanks, that is reassuring :) Definitely leaning towards the taxi.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, i will be getting off Harmony of the Seas in Barcelona on Sunday morning 25th Sept. We have a flight from Barcelona to Malaga and the airline have changed the flight to 09.10am. We have to fly that day due to a wedding that afternoon. Do you think we can make it? [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And you'll be getting off at what time?

You see, the problem lays in that, while the taxi rank at Moll Adossat is large enough, depending on the number of people disembarking at the same time and looking for a taxi, you might have to wait to catch one. The ride in itself shouldn't be more than 30 minutes tops but then at the airport you need time to check your luggage, security control and walk to the gate. Make sure you know which terminal your flight depart from as they're several kilometres away from each other.

Perhaps you could pre-book a taxi to wait for you when you arrive... Taxi Class Rent tel.933070707 http://www.taxiclassrent.com ||| Barnataxi tel. 933222222 http://www.barnataxi.com ||| Ràdio Taxi 033 tel.933033033 http://www.radiotaxi033.com ||| Servi-Taxi tel.933 300 300 http://www.servitaxi.com ||| Taxi Ecològic tel.932783000 http://taxiecologic.com ||| Taxi Amic tel.934208088 http://www.taxi-amic-adaptat.com ||| Fono-Taxi tel.933001100 http://www.fonotaxi.net/

Taxi services in Barcelona are regulated and all of them are painted black and yellow and have the same fares and complements: official fares for 2016 http://taxi.amb.cat/documents/956832/1007019/Tarifestaxi2016/13e8e279-5712-426e-8dce-da5f8dd6dc7b. The cost for the ride is the same than if you catch a taxi at the taxi rank when you disembark, but when you pre-book, you also pay for the waiting time if you're late, and that can add 22€ per hour.

Also note that from 22-25 of September, there is the Festival of La Mercè -one of the biggest annual festivals with +1.8 million attendees, local and foreign- and a lot of fellow Europeans come down to Barcelona for these festivities so, despite being Sunday, there "might" be a bit of traffic at the airport -well, that early maybe not, but again, you never know. Take that into account too.

Edited by EnricM

Hi everyone, i will be getting off Harmony of the Seas in Barcelona on Sunday morning 25th Sept. We have a flight from Barcelona to Malaga and the airline have changed the flight to 09.10am. We have to fly that day due to a wedding that afternoon. Do you think we can make it? [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just do the self disembark and you'll make it problem. There are plenty of cabs available and traffic will be very light on a Sunday.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app