Prerelease killed Dynamic Dining

Guess when Royal Caribbean announced Dynamic Dining they also forgot to announce that if you weren't in the preselected group to book early not only would you not get the Coastal Kitchen perk, but you would also not get any of your preferred dining times. Just called Royal Caribbean again, got the same very pleasant girl as yesterday (amazing really). We went through all of my dining times to see if we could get any moved earlier. A few showed openings but when she tried to confirm them they showed unavailable. This was still a vast improvement over sitting on American Icon Grill for an hour waiting to load times though. I asked her if they had any slots being held back and she said no. She actually said that 80% of the slots were available for booking ahead of time. When I asked how all of the good slots were taken already when it just opened today and I booked the moment it showed on the 12th, she mentioned the testing group and that they had picked all the good times. So for all the people who were worried about Royal Caribbean being unfair. You were right! Not only did they get to make all of their bookings in an expedited fashion, they also got their preferred times, and access to Coastal Kitchen regardless of room category.

For something Royal Caribbean claims to be so invested in they really have gone out of their way to ensure it is a failure. At this point I cannot even begin to guess how badly they may execute it onboard. Just wait for the RipCord bookings to open, I'm sure they'll find another way to give certain people an advantage.

After spending 8 hours just to get reservations in, and an additional 8 hours trying to get better times and move things around I cannot believe that Royal Caribbean expects this thing to succeed. The level of work required is simply unacceptable and I went into the process with all of my days figured out. I can't imagine the people who are simply going in a picking a restaurant are even coming close to my level of success. But I guess 16 hours and poor times is still considered easier than the hassle of talking on the phone with someone for an hour. BTW this is not against anyone who may have gotten into the group. No one chose to be in that group, Royal Caribbean chose to handle this entire roll out this poorly.

Edited by DEIx15x8

So agree with you!!!! I was one of the ones complaining about the unfairness of preselection but was told on this board to stop whining. They didn't provide enough space . There is less than 1/2 the number of dining spaces as passengers. The interesting thing is the preselected are also going to be unhappy because their times are not matching the show times. They thought they would be able to switch easily. Now they can't.

I see e-bay opportunities. Right now I 'm holding a very nice grande at 5:45 that allows you to get into an 8:30 show will trade for an American idol from 5:30-6:00 or cash or make me offer perhaps a lounge chair near the pool that I don't have to get up at 6:00 to claim.

I asked her if they had any slots being held back and she said no. She actually said that 80% of the slots were available for booking ahead of time. When I asked how all of the good slots were taken already when it just opened today and I booked the moment it showed on the 12th, she mentioned the testing group and that they had picked all the good times.

That sounds ridiculous and I don't believe it.

I called the first day or so and things for my party of 5 were already unavailable. I attributed it to them releasing only a small amount of slots.

DEI, I agree with your post. I like Royal Caribbean but can't believe how much of a disaster this has been. I was one of the ones selected to book early and then when I saw the entertainment times I just decided I'll go with what it appeals to me and that's it. Not gonna go switch my dining times around because it sounds like that will be a hair pulling ordeal.

As a lot of my friends on here have said, they should have never released dining before entertainment

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk

DEI, I agree with your post. I like Royal Caribbean but can't believe how much of a disaster this has been. I was one of the ones selected to book early and then when I saw the entertainment times I just decided I'll go with what it appeals to me and that's it. Not gonna go switch my dining times around because it sounds like that will be a hair pulling ordeal.

As a lot of my friends on here have said, they should have never released dining before entertainment

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk

I was preselected for dining. I called right away. If 80% of slots were released, how is it that on 2 nights only 1 late night slot was available for 1 restaurant, and only certain times for others?

I should have had my pick of any times that I wanted.

I think they have slots held back they have to. It does not make sense not to.

I booked all my dining and paid but I have no idea about shows that scares me honestly.

Oh and I am not in a suite and could not book costal kitchen...I tried just to check

These are the kind of issues that dining 'flexibility' bring. This is why some of us were rather sceptical about 'Dynamic Dining'.

NCL have had these sort of problems with their 'Freestyle System' but they have has some twenty years to perfect it! (it's still not perfect, though).

Our first time on NCL I was so stressed out. We wanted to dine mostly in specialty dinning because I found the MRD menus to be lacking.

Last year if you prebooked you had to pay. (that changed this year with the into of dinning plans, at rate and you can eat in all the specialties you want)

I didn't want to pay extra for me kids and worry about getting my money back. I was worried I would never get the times or restaurants I wanted. People on the NCL board said don't worry. They were right.

First thing I did when I boarded was go to one of reservation stations with my list in hand. Got every single one no problem at all. Made changed throughout the week never ever had a issue. I was shocked it was so easy...all that time and energy thinking about it.

I know everyone is worried and that is causing them to get frustrated with it. RCCL will have enough space for people to eat.

They will perfect Dynamic dinning, find what's wrong and fix it. Like no idea why they opened reservations up for everyone on the same day it should been after final payment and after entertainment calendar is done.

Think of the people that have reservations and will cancel or change them because a sail date 6 months or a year out won't work.

I think they have slots held back they have to. It does not make sense not to.

I booked all my dining and paid but I have no idea about shows that scares me honestly.

Oh and I am not in a suite and could not book costal kitchen...I tried just to check

Coastal Kitchen reservations were opened for a limited time for people that were Pinnacle, D+, pre selected and not in a suite.

I am booked on Quantum next February and they released the dining on our sailing, with no entertainment listed. I am not happy with the new system and can understand if they had problems on the 12th, 13th and 14th since the release date of the new system was today... but these kinds of issues in their new system today, when it is 'go-live' date is just unacceptable for a company as large as Royal Caribbean.

After almost 2 hours (when all is said and done) this morning, I FINALLY was able to book through the new Cruise Planner and took 6:45 PM every night at any non-pay restaurant that I could get. I haven't gotten the promised confirmation e-mail yet, but they are showing as "purchased" in the Full Calendar... hoping that will do it... Once entertainment is released for our sailing, I hope that I will be able to make most showtimes after dinner in the evenings. If not, oh well... there is always something to do onboard. Since I assume that I have dining times chosen, I am just not going to continue to stress over it.

While I agree that it is very frustrating this is the way it has been working on Oasis/Allure. Dining opens up way ahead of time, then the entertainment sometimes only a few months before sail date. I do realize that the entertainment doesn't change a lot between sailings, but still if you don't get the sessions you want, your dining could need to be re-done.

I do wish they had only opened up the dining for a the first month or so of sailings so it wouldn't have been all trying to get in at once, but they don't ever seem to do anything logical. I did get my dining booked for the 3 night in November, but no shows yet. Hoping we can get what we want, but we will see.

FYI I was able to book all of my entertainment and dining for my 11 night December 1, 2014 Quantum trip. I was getting frustrated at first, until I put together the following sheet.

I thought others could benefit from my experience. First we decided on which restaurants we wanted to try. We decided we didn’t want to try Silk, wanted to try Jamie’s Italian one night and the rest Complimentary. We originally thought we would forgo the formal Grande Restaurant, so we could pack less, but decided we liked the selections, and needed more than two restaurants. I put this together just ½ hour after they opened booking on May 15th. A lot of times were already not available. Maybe everything isn’t being made available all at once.

First I went into the Entertainment selection; Mamma Mia. The Comedy Show, Sonic Odyssey, and 3 separate Guest Entertainer choices were available for the 11 night cruise. So, only 6 of the 11 nights are currently available to reserve. I went into each choice, and 3 drop down boxes, with the number of guests, dates, and times came up. I entered 2 guests and went though each date listing the times that were available.

Then I looked at the restaurant options. I selected one restaurant. The system took 30-60 seconds to bring up both of our names. I selected both names and it took a minute or two to bring up drop down boxes with the available dates and times. I selected the first day, went to the time drop down box and noted the times. I didn’t select a time, but went back and selected the next day, and noted the times again, and so on until I completed listing all of the dates and times for that restaurant. I originally tried to book one day at a time, but this required waiting for the system to refresh every time I selected a different restaurant. Selecting the restaurant first and then looking through the dates and times didn’t require going back to refresh the list and didn’t take that long.

Once I had the list, it was easier to select the shows we wanted, and them look at what restaurant options were available.

Then I had to go back in and make each individual reservation. Each reservation had to take a minute or two to refresh between each of the six or seven screens for each reservation. I made the entertainment first, then because Jamie’s had the fewest selections, booked this next, having to enter my credit card information and all of my personal information that should have already been tied to my reservation, such as name, address, phone, email etc. Then I booked the other restaurants. I opened a separate tab with “My Calendar” open. Even though there is no charge for the complementary, you have to select the credit card option each time. Luckily, because it is no charge, you don’t have to enter all the personal information each time. I few time I received an error about the credit card, but when I refreshed the “My Calendar” tab the reservation was listed. Go figure. Also, when I went to book, one of the times for one of the restaurants was no longer available, so if there is something you really want, I guess you need to book it when you see it.

So.. I started at 11:20 pm Central Time, and despite what I thought was a pretty organized approach, didn’t finish until almost 1:30 am, more than two hours later.

Granted it did take me some time to figure out that I needed this listing, and to get all of the dates and times for one event.

It took about 5-10 minutes per reservation, because of the 6-7 screens per reservation, and I had 11 dining, and 6 entertainment reservations to make.

This is one of the longer cruises, so the shorter cruises would be quicker.

But, I really can’t see a lot of people willing to go through this. I bet many will wait until they are onboard. Only time will tell how successful this is.

Since we are on one of the first cruises, I tried to book the earliest time entertainment (but not the afternoon performances), so we weren’t rushed through dinner.

We have cruised on the Oasis class ships a few times, and have always tried to pre-book entertainment. Although it is convenient to know a seat should be available if you get to the show 15-20 minutes before the reserved show, we also never had a problem going to a different performance with the exception of the limited seating comedy show. However dining is a little more tricky. With reservations every 15 minutes, I wonder how much time they are allowing before the second seating of guests.

Location . | Day ## | For | Venue ------- | Time | Time | Time | Time | Time | Time | Time | Time | Time | Time | Time | Time | Time | Time | Time | Time | Time

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Jersey | Day 01 | 2.5 | Mamma Mia --- | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | 8:30 | ssss | ssss | ssss | ssss | ssss

New Jersey | Day 01 | Din | American Icon | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | 7:15 | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | 9:00 | 9:15 | 9:30 | 9:45

New Jersey | Day 01 | Din | Chic -------- | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | 7:15 | .... | 7:45 | .... | .... | .... | 9:00 | 9:15 | 9:30 | 9:45

New Jersey | Day 01 | Din | The Grande -- | .... | .... | 5:45 | .... | .... | .... | 7:00 | 7:15 | 7:30 | .... | 8:00 | 8:30 | 8:45 | 9:00 | 9:15 | 9:30 | 9:45

New Jersey | Day 01 | Din | Jamie's Ital- | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | 7:30 | .... | .... | .... | 8:45 | 9:00 | 9:15 | 9:30 | ....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cruising . | Day 02 | 2.5 | Mamma Mia --- | 2:30 | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | 8:30 | ssss | ssss | ssss | ssss | ssss

Cruising . | Day 02 | Din | American Icon | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | 7:15 | 7:30 | .... | .... | .... | .... | 9:00 | 9:15 | 9:30 | 9:45

Cruising . | Day 02 | Din | Chic -------- | .... | .... | .... | 6:00 | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | 7:45 | 8:00 | .... | .... | 9:00 | 9:15 | 9:30 | 9:45

Cruising . | Day 02 | Din | The Grande -- | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | 9:00 | 9:15 | 9:30 | 9:45

Cruising . | Day 02 | Din | Jamie's Ital- | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | 8:30 | 8:45 | .... | 9:15 | 9:30 | ....

Cruising . | Day 03 | 45m | Comedy Show - | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | 7:00 | ssss | ssss | .... | .... | .... | .... | 9:00 | ssss | ssss | ....

Cruising . | Day 03 | Din | American Icon | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | 7:15 | 7:30 | .... | .... | .... | .... | 9:00 | 9:15 | 9:30 | 9:45

Cruising . | Day 03 | Din | Chic -------- | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | 7:15 | .... | 7:45 | 8:00 | .... | .... | 9:00 | 9:15 | 9:30 | 9:45

Cruising . | Day 03 | Din | The Grande -- | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | 9:00 | 9:15 | 9:30 | 9:45

Cruising . | Day 03 | Din | Jamie's Ital- | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | 9:15 | 9:30 | ....

San Juan . | Day 04 | ... | Entertainment | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | ....

San Juan . | Day 04 | Din | American Icon | .... | .... | .... | 6:00 | .... | 6:45 | .... | 7:15 | 7:30 | .... | .... | .... | .... | 9:00 | 9:15 | 9:30 | 9:45

San Juan . | Day 04 | Din | Chic -------- | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | 6:45 | .... | 7:15 | .... | 7:45 | 8:00 | .... | .... | 9:00 | 9:15 | 9:30 | 9:45

San Juan . | Day 04 | Din | The Grande -- | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | 7:15 | 7:30 | .... | .... | .... | .... | 9:00 | 9:15 | 9:30 | 9:45

San Juan . | Day 04 | Din | Jamie's Ital- | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | 9:30 | ....

St Maarten | Day 05 | 45m | Guest Perf #1 | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | 9:00 | ssss | ssss | ....

St Maarten | Day 05 | Din | American Icon | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | 6:45 | 7:00 | 7:15 | 7:30 | .... | .... | .... | .... | 9:00 | 9:15 | 9:30 | 9:45

St Maarten | Day 05 | Din | Chic -------- | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | 7:15 | .... | 7:45 | 8:00 | .... | .... | 9:00 | 9:15 | 9:30 | 9:45

St Maarten | Day 05 | Din | The Grande -- | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | 7:15 | 7:30 | .... | .... | .... | .... | 9:00 | 9:15 | 9:30 | 9:45

St Maarten | Day 05 | Din | Jamie's Ital- | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | 9:15 | 9:30 | ....

Martinique | Day 06 | 45m | Guest Perf #1 | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | 7:00 | ssss | ssss | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | ....

Martinique | Day 06 | Din | American Icon | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | 7:15 | 7:30 | .... | .... | .... | .... | 9:00 | 9:15 | 9:30 | 9:45

Martinique | Day 06 | Din | Chic -------- | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | 6:45 | .... | 7:15 | .... | 7:45 | .... | .... | .... | 9:00 | 9:15 | 9:30 | 9:45

Martinique | Day 06 | Din | The Grande -- | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | 7:15 | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | 9:00 | 9:15 | 9:30 | 9:45

Martinique | Day 06 | Din | Jamie's Ital- | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | 8:30 | 8:45 | .... | 9:15 | 9:30 | ....

Barbados . | Day 07 | 45m | Guest Perf #2 | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | 7:00 | ssss | ssss | .... | .... | .... | .... | 9:00 | ssss | ssss | ....

Barbados . | Day 07 | Din | American Icon | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | 7:15 | 7:30 | .... | .... | .... | .... | 9:00 | 9:15 | 9:30 | 9:45

Barbados . | Day 07 | Din | Chic -------- | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | 7:15 | .... | 7:45 | .... | .... | .... | 9:00 | 9:15 | 9:30 | 9:45

Barbados . | Day 07 | Din | The Grande -- | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | 7:15 | 7:30 | .... | .... | .... | .... | 9:00 | 9:15 | 9:30 | 9:45

Barbados . | Day 07 | Din | Jamie's Ital- | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | 8:45 | .... | 9:15 | 9:30 | ....

St Kitts . | Day 08 | ... | Entertainment | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | ....

St Kitts . | Day 08 | Din | American Icon | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | 7:15 | 7:30 | .... | .... | .... | .... | 9:00 | 9:15 | 9:30 | 9:45

St Kitts . | Day 08 | Din | Chic -------- | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | 7:15 | .... | 7:45 | 8:00 | .... | .... | 9:00 | 9:15 | 9:30 | 9:45

St Kitts . | Day 08 | Din | The Grande -- | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | 7:30 | .... | .... | .... | .... | 9:00 | 9:15 | 9:30 | 9:45

St Kitts . | Day 08 | Din | Jamie's Ital- | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | 8:30 | 8:45 | .... | 9:15 | 9:30 | ....

Cruising . | Day 09 | 45m | Sonic Odyssey | .... | 5:30 | ssss | ssss | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | ....

Cruising . | Day 09 | Din | American Icon | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | 6:45 | 7:00 | 7:15 | 7:30 | .... | .... | .... | .... | 9:00 | 9:15 | 9:30 | 9:45

Cruising . | Day 09 | Din | Chic -------- | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | 6:45 | .... | 7:15 | .... | 7:45 | 8:00 | .... | .... | 9:00 | 9:15 | 9:30 | 9:45

Cruising . | Day 09 | Din | The Grande -- | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | 7:15 | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | 9:00 | 9:15 | 9:30 | 9:45

Cruising . | Day 09 | Din | Jamie's Ital- | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | 9:15 | 9:30 | ....

Cruising . | Day 10 | 45m | Sonic Odyssey | 2:00 | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | 8:30 | ssss | ssss | .... | .... | ....

Cruising . | Day 10 | Din | American Icon | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | 7:15 | 7:30 | .... | .... | .... | .... | 9:00 | 9:15 | 9:30 | 9:45

Cruising . | Day 10 | Din | Chic -------- | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | 6:45 | .... | 7:15 | .... | 7:45 | 8:00 | .... | .... | 9:00 | 9:15 | 9:30 | 9:45

Cruising . | Day 10 | Din | The Grande -- | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | 7:15 | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | 9:00 | 9:15 | 9:30 | 9:45

Cruising . | Day 10 | Din | Jamie's Ital- | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | 9:15 | 9:30 | ....

Cruising . | Day 11 | 45m | Guest Perf #3 | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | 7:00 | ssss | ssss | .... | .... | .... | .... | 9:00 | ssss | ssss | ....

Cruising . | Day 11 | Din | American Icon | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | 7:15 | 7:30 | .... | .... | .... | .... | 9:00 | 9:15 | 9:30 | 9:45

Cruising . | Day 11 | Din | Chic -------- | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | 7:15 | .... | 7:45 | 8:00 | .... | .... | 9:00 | 9:15 | 9:30 | 9:45

Cruising . | Day 11 | Din | The Grande -- | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | 7:15 | 7:30 | .... | 8:00 | .... | .... | 9:00 | 9:15 | 9:30 | 9:45

Cruising . | Day 11 | Din | Jamie's Ital- | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | .... | 7:30 | .... | .... | 8:30 | 8:45 | .... | 9:15 | 9:30 | ....

Hope this helps others.

What times are the shows supposed to be? I just booked Quantum and haven't been reading up on the whole reservation topic :eek:

I was able to get dinner reservations in yesterday and the day before, I chose 7:30 and 7:45 I hope that leaves time for a show after dinner.

Thanks

Donna

Interesting. I had no trouble booking times and I show a ton of slots still available on my sailing.

As pointed out we who were pre selected were not restricted on times nor venues as those of you who booked after.

As pointed out we who were pre selected were not restricted on times nor venues as those of you who booked after.

I was preselected and called right away and my choices were already limited. I figured I would be able to get more times once DD officially opened but times are still very limited for my party of 5. I still have changes to make.

I was preselected and called right away and my choices were already limited. I figured I would be able to get more times once DD officially opened but times are still very limited for my party of 5. I still have changes to make.

Maybe it's because your a party of 5. We are a party of 2 and got every time requested.

Maybe it's because your a party of 5. We are a party of 2 and got every time requested.

That's possible, but I called very early in the testing process. And then as soon as it opened to the public. Both times, I could not get certain times/restaurants.

That's possible, but I called very early in the testing process. And then as soon as it opened to the public. Both times, I could not get certain times/restaurants.

I didn't call. As being pre selected they called me. So maybe those of us who were called had priority over those who called in. Which would explain why I had no issues while you did.

I didn't call. As being pre selected they called me. So maybe those of us who were called had priority over those who called in. Which would explain why I had no issues while you did.

I don't see why that would make a difference. I probably called earlier than you did. And they told me that yes, I had been preselected.

Edited by marci22