Has anyone taken the Emerald Pool and Trafalgar Falls excursion?

OnTheJourney

If you mean RO69, yes. Two years ago from the Summit. It was a good tour of spectacular sights with lots of other people. Our bus was over full with people who were on the wrong tour, so we had to backtrack. The roads were terrible from recent storms. It was OK in spite of the problems.

• 3 weeks later...

I've done this tour through Carnival before. The Emerald Pool really is a sight to see IMO, however, I personally wasn't wild about the Trafalgar falls portion of the tour (It was a long walk and once we got there, there were so many people it was difficult. We're heading back to the Emerald Pool next week on another excursion, my DH insisted on turning. He was one of the crazy people who jumped from the top of the waterfall! lol

Hi,

This tour looks interesting. Any suggestions on this or any other sightseeing-oriented tour? Have never been to Dominica before.

Thanks,

Keith

We did this tour with a private operator, Reynold. It was nice to see the waterfall & Emerald pool, but the roads were terrible winding & bumpy & hilly. I felt sick. We were in small vans, not easy to see out the window. It was nice to see, but I wouldn't do it again. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes they are both beautiful! At trafalgar there is a path you can go down from the main platform. Go down it and climb over the boulders and it opens up where you can go sit in some pools. It's pretty rocky but so worth it. Take your waterproof camera. I regretted not having mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

I must say the Emerald Pool is a must do activity. This has been one of the best highlights of all of the excursions we have been on. We booked this tour privately. We also went river tubing after visiting Emerald Pool. You need to know that the water at Emerald Pool is not warm. However, it is very refreshing once you get in. The walk from the entrance of the park to the pool is not long, in fact, it is just the right length of walking in a rain forest.

• 3 weeks later...