getting to galveston

Gee i didnt realised it was very dear to get to galveston from Houston airport. Not knowing the area .the shuttles for 2 is looking at costing $320 for return trip. If i had known i would have picked another cruise port that wasnt a long distance away.has any one else found getting to Galvestion. a cheaper way. would love some help thanks

The last time we left out of Galveston we had a group of 5 people. We found it more cost effective to rent a car and pay to park at the dock than to use a shuttle or taxi.

Susan

Gee i didnt realised it was very dear to get to galveston from Houston airport. Not knowing the area .the shuttles for 2 is looking at costing $320 for return trip. If i had known i would have picked another cruise port that wasnt a long distance away.has any one else found getting to Galvestion. a cheaper way. would love some help thanks

just ran across this in a thread somewhere , the folks who used it were very happy with it

http://www.galvestonlimo.com/airport-shuttle.asp

i found that galveston express was really inexpensive. my return trip for 13, well 11 now, is $300. they do offer services for $25 each way so thats a good price too.

this is my first trip out of galveston and will most likely be my last. getting there and back is such a hassle

Sent from my KFGIWI using Tapatalk

We are renting a car and arriving 2 days pre cruise so we can tour the NASA Space Center then staying at the Marriott across the street an additional night and driving in, leaving the car at the EZ Lot. We are coming into IAH and returning the car back prior to our flight home to So Calif.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

Are you travelling during the Super Bowl? :)

our cruises is the 3rd september through to the 10 september 2017 liberty of the seas not sure about super bowl. we are new zealanders (myself and my husband)

The Championship of American football. Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots in Houston. It's played in February, so it won't affect you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums