Morning Run Around Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina Area?

violetsmile

I'm looking to get in a 4 to 5 mile run on a Monday morning (say, 6ish AM) before a 9:30 shuttle picks us up to get to Miami for our cruise departure. We're staying at the Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Marina. Is the area populated/safe at that time in the morning, or should I plan to hit the dreadmill at the hotel's fitness area? The amenities on the hotel list also say there is a "walking trail," but I can't find pictures. Any information about the area or hotel would be helpful!

Thanks!

I'm looking to get in a 4 to 5 mile run on a Monday morning (say, 6ish AM) before a 9:30 shuttle picks us up to get to Miami for our cruise departure. We're staying at the Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Marina. Is the area populated/safe at that time in the morning, or should I plan to hit the dreadmill at the hotel's fitness area? The amenities on the hotel list also say there is a "walking trail," but I can't find pictures. Any information about the area or hotel would be helpful!

Thanks!

Depending on the time of the year, it may still be dark at 6 am (which it is now) but I've seen folks out running, especially along the beach, at that hour. Take a look at google maps. You can run from the Hilton Marina over the 17th St Bridge to Seabreeze Blvd (route A1A) to Las Olas Blvd and back for a total of 5 miles. The down side is that you'll be running along major streets so there will be traffic but the upside is that there will be people around. As an added benefit you'll get beautiful views of the ships in Port Everglades as you jog over the bridge!

Go over the bridge and around the curve to A1A. Sidewalks with a few streets and hotel entrances to get past that are a minor pain. Once your about 1.5 miles in you hit the beach and there's a sidewalk that runs along it much farther than you want to go. There will be all kinds of people out there running at just about any hour. Unfortunately it's all concrete rather than asphalt but that's the price you pay for scenery I guess. If it was me, I'd walk to the top of the bridge and check out the ships in port and then start my run on the downhill side.

Thank you all so much! It was hard to tell on Google Maps if there was a sidewalk on the bridge and the A1A, and since I've never been to Ft. Lauderdale, I didn't want to assume it was possible to get over there on foot.

It's also nice to know there will be other runners out there. I might just time it a bit later so I can enjoy the sunrise. My shuttle isn't coming until 9:30, so if I pack up the night before including having an easy breakfast ready, I'll only need a run and a shower before heading to port. It's always fun to run in new, pretty places!