Any one just off the Gem?

letsgocruisin

Someone posted pictures on a facebook group of the construction today. They have the area curtained off and they wrote that blue lagoon is operating at different areas around the ship. Although I'm not sure what that means. They started this morning.

Is there a way you can tell me the FB group without breaking the rules. I'd like to see the pictures.

Is there a way you can tell me the FB group without breaking the rules. I'd like to see the pictures.

I'm not really sure what the rules on this are.

Look up Norwegian gem/breakaway

Should come up

As of last night (11/8) Blue Lagoon was open; we were there. I suppose work could have gotten under way today--I didn't notice as we left the ship.

I wouldn't appreciate all this work being done while I was cruising either.

I agree Star Bar is under utilized.

Still love the Gem and will see her in 2015 once she's gotten some work done.

Just read that the Blue Lagoon will be closed on our cruise. Not very happy..We should have been told they were going to be doing construction on the ship when we were on it..I know there are a lot of other places to eat but we liked the Blue Lagoon..

As of last night (11/8) Blue Lagoon was open; we were there. I suppose work could have gotten under way today--I didn't notice as we left the ship.

I wouldn't appreciate all this work being done while I was cruising either.

I agree Star Bar is under utilized.

Still love the Gem and will see her in 2015 once she's gotten some work done.

Off topic (:o)...but Lori, I just got off the 11 day Gem...so sorry to have missed you. Hope you're well & happy ;).

I have posted the photos of the work being done on those pages. Not sure how to get them on here. I will keep trying. O'Sheehans is coming along nicely. They are doing the renovation without disturbing anyone as Orchid Garden has become Blue Lagoon while this work is being done. When Orchid Garden opens for dinner, Garden (Aft) cafe becomes Blue Lagoon. Serves all the same food. I have stayed in many hotels that have done renovation without letting me know and charging me the same high price. I am pretty sure most people on these sailings are paying less then what I paid on the two night cruise this past weekend.

Off topic (:o)...but Lori, I just got off the 11 day Gem...so sorry to have missed you. Hope you're well & happy ;).

off topic too:

Hey there Chris! I'm back on in March too for another 9 nighter on Gem--this year we go to Tortola instead of Samana. Carlos tells me that we're only in Tortola for a short time though. . .

Nice for you -- 11 nighter! Hope to see you on another cruise. :)

Up next: Quantum of the Seas 2 nighter!!

Edited by mizlorinj

When we took our Breakaway cruise in Sept. We were given a 3 or 4 night cruise out of Florida which we did not take.Last week we recieved a email saying we could take the six night or the seven night out of New York on the Gem.We chose the seven night on Now 15. Just had to pay taxes and gratuities. $560.00 for both of us in a Balcony cabin on deck ten

Got the exact same deal. Booked it last Sat. Got our cabin assignment today. Leave in 4 days. :)

Mimi217 would appreciate it if you or Chesquinn would email me. We are also on the Gem this week-end and had a question. Thanks, Seth sclevin@aol.com

chesquinn

When we took our Breakaway cruise in Sept. We were given a 3 or 4 night cruise out of Florida which we did not take.Last week we recieved a email saying we could take the six night or the seven night out of New York on the Gem.We chose the seven night on Now 15. Just had to pay taxes and gratuities. $560.00 for both of us in a Balcony cabin on deck ten