Gibbs Cay

dcikon2

We will be on Grand Turk at the beginning of June. The family we are going with are interested in seeing sting rays. I would like recommendations on places. I really don't want to do this thru the cruise line as they generally take too many people.

• 3 months later...
I'd like to know this too. I don't want to do a whole rigamarole - just see and interact with the stingrays. Most excursions I've seen include beach tour and snorkeling... not interested in that.

What excursions have you found that include snorkeling (looking to go to the wall) and Gibbs Cay? This is what I want to do, but can't seem to find an excursion anywhere, other than through the ship, that includes both.

We were just there in April and there were several vendors at the end of the pier offering excursions for a lot less than carnival. We ended up going with one who charged us $80 for three people. We went snorkeling and then to Gibbs cay. It was similar to the reefs and ray excursion through carnival but about $100 cheaper. Only about 12 -15 people on the boat. They did an excellent job. I don't think they just go to Gibbs cay though.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I found 2 independent tour guides for Gibb's Cay on Trip Advisor

The first is Grand Turk Diving and they charge $55.00 per person for pretty much the same excursion as the cruise ship (Princess). I guess one advantage is that it might be a smaller boat and more intimate with longer stays at each location - they do both the wall and stingrays Their email is info at gtdiving dot com

The second one is scdivers at tciway dot tc. (I can't remember their name but it was something like Salt Cays Diving.) They wouldn't give me a price unless I had 4 people.

I've decided that I might as well go with the ship tour since both tours appear to do the snorkel portion of the excursion and it is slightly cheaper on Princess ($49)

Hope this helps everyone who is interested.

• 1 month later...