Venice ..express stop!

eden6776

My cruise arrives into Venice at 8 am. Our flight isnt until 4.30pm and I plan to get the bus from Piazzale Roma to Treviso around 1pm. That means we have probably from around 10am to 12.30pm to have a quick look around.

My plan is to leave our luggage at the left luggage in Piazzale Roma, get the vaporetto to Rialto, have a quick look around, grab some gelato (for the kids of course lol) and then head back to Piazzale Roma by foot.

Does this plan sound feasible??

I would be so grateful for your thoughts.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Forums mobile app

I think that's doable. Venice is pretty easy and quick to wander through, and your chosen area is fairly close to Piazzale Roma. The Venice Airport was a madhouse for check-in and security just after we went through, but we somehow lucked out with our timing. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think that's doable. Venice is pretty easy and quick to wander through, and your chosen area is fairly close to Piazzale Roma. The Venice Airport was a madhouse for check-in and security just after we went through, but we somehow lucked out with our timing. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

the OP is flying out of Treviso, not the Venice airport. It is further away than VCE. OP - you have an intra-Europe flight, right? Traviso - using one of the LCCs? At least you don't have passport control to deal with. Your lines will probably be shorter, too, since I imagine the big majority of cruisers will be going out of VCE, not TSF... Your plan sounds OK to me.

"and then head back to Piazzale Roma by foot".

Hmmm, on our first trip to Venice we got very lost in the maze of little street ways.

We were in no hurry to get anywhere as we were doing a pre cruise stay, but if you only have a couple hours getting lost for any amount of time could be a real problem.

Your ship will probably arrive earlier in port, and if possible...ask for early disembarkation and walk off the ship with your luggage in hand as soon as you can. (Don't leave it outside your cabin the night before, keep it with you)

This will give you more time in Venice.

My plan is to leave our luggage at the left luggage in Piazzale Roma, get the vaporetto to Rialto, have a quick look around, grab some gelato (for the kids of course lol) and then head back to Piazzale Roma by foot.

Just curious. Have you been to Venice before? If not, why not take the vaporetto to San Marco and walk back to Rialto? The path through the streets is actually well marked. Just look at the arrows pointing to "Rialto" high on the side of the buildings. Then take the vaporetto back from there to Piazzale Roma. If you have been there before, please disregard this post.

Thanks marazul. Yes been to venice before. Years ago with hubby..young and in love. We vowed to have children and bring them to venice one day. Back to reality in 2017 (record scratch noise)...we are bringing them to venice for a few hours! If we had much longer i would brave san marco for sure. Im worried we will get distracted too much and miss our bus to Treviso. I will talk to hubby about leaving the ship earlier by keeping our luggage. That could be an option that gives us some time to venture to San marco...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Forums mobile app