Family of 5 plus bags w/UberXL?

FamilyCruiser39

I'm considering trying uberXL to get from FLL to POM, but see a lot of threads w/Family of 4 or less.

Any families w/5 used UberXL? We will have 5 suitcases plus carry-ons.

We have a mini van at home that we will fit everything into, but is there a way to request a mini-van only? I see some people get a suburban.

My second choice is Jiffy Jeff. It sounds like to prices are comparable. Jiffy Jeff will be $75. I've read that uberXL is around same price? Can any family of 5 share their price?

Thanks for your help!

You might also post this question on the family cruise board.

Another option is a mini-van taxi -- same fare as a standard cab; should be about $75-80 from FLL to POM.

The answer will depend upon how much you pack. If someone in your group packs like my wife, you might be better off with a shared shuttle. Most of the shared shuttle fares start at $15 per person - you may qualify for group or family discounts. SAS, QLS, Go Airport and others are suggested here every day.

I don't think 5 suitcases, carryons and 5 passengers will fit in any public taxi. Go with shuttle service and ask for a discount. Who knows? Taking two Uber would work too. But not much savings for that trip.

According to the Uber XL requirements, they must seat at least 6 in addition to the driver. I think it's generally a minivan or a third-row SUV. I don't know how heavy you travel, but I think that you will fit, even if a bit snug.

There is no way, if they have to seat 5 passengers with carry ons , ALONG with 5 suitcases, that they will fit in an XL. :o XL says six people. That does not include 5 plus pieces of luggage too.

Get two uber X's. Price will basically be the same.

Thank you all for your responses! I think we are going to stick w/Jiffy Jeff. Don't want to split up in two ubers and we have 3 teenage girls so we don't pack light!! Appreciate everyone's input.

Sounds like a good plan. Have a memorable cruise!

I've taken Uber XL quite often here in Miami both with friends and when we are traveling to the airport and have luggage and some of the cars that we have gotten would definitely not have fit you.