Miami Debarkation - hotel stay night before with parking and shuttle

MojitoMan19

I booked a last minute cruise for the Carnival Vista on 7/09, but was thinking of driving down the night before and staying at a hotel with free parking for duration of cruise. I have stayed at the La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Airport East in the past, but would like to see if there are any other affordable options. I am not overly concerned with amenities like pool, gym, but more concerned with free parking and shuttle to the port. La Quinta charged $10pp for return trips to the hotel, so if I can beat that, I would be on-board! :)

All experiences and suggestions are greatly appreciated!

A free return shuttle after the cruise just ain't happening in Miami. The La Quinta is one of the rare hotels that even sets you up with the return ride at all.

Because you are looking for the non-peak season the stay-and-park deals at some better properties may drift into "affordable" territory for you, though you will have to factor return taxi/uber fare at the end of your cruise. The two Hilton properties a mile north of the port (Hilton Downtown and Doubletree Biscayne Bay) or the cluster of Marmots just south of MIA--three with address of 1201 NW Le Jeune Rd; a significantly cleaner and safer area than that La Quinta--both offer park and cruise packages, so consider taking a step up in accommodations for what should be a small difference in the off-season.

You won't find hotels offering rides back to your car. Most cruisers will be taking cab or uber. Not a per person rate shuttle.

Going in July will offer some lower rates for hotels. Can't tell if you were unhappy with LQ. Nicer moderate properties can be found in the Airport Blue lagoon area.

Look at stay123.com and parksleepfly .com for good package rates. But be careful to know the area and not look at price alone. Your car might be missing when you return at some places.;)