Membership's discounts

travelberlin

I have been informed that the membership discounts do not apply if you are booking a special offer like Bingo or Superbingo. Is this correct?

In other cruise lines, like Celebrity or Royal, you still get your membership benefits even if you book at a special rate.

Hi TravelBerlin ... I think you may not be being told the whole Truth, all the Grand Voyages are usually at discounted prices and we have done two already where Club membership 7 and 10% were taken off the cruise fare price as well as our current one to Dubai.

Our Norway cruise on Opera also had the discount applied last year.

I. Retain lay get my club discount on top of any promotions. Didn't used to a few years back. They used to day I couldn't use my club discount and a heavily discounted promos. That may have been the TA I used at the time though. I only paid £360 for 11 nights in a suite on the Armonia - that was after 20% club discount).

Costa don't allow club and other discounts. My last cruise with them, it would have cost 50% more if I'd been logged on when I booked. Had to book as a non member to get the discount, then add on my membership later.

In Germany and in South America, MSC does not give the membership discount by special offers. I have just cheked the terms in the information of benefits and in Germany it says, this discount "could not apply with this offer, check with MSC". My TA has checked with MSC and they say it does not apply. This means no membership's discounts if booking special offers.

What does it say in the information of benefits in UK?

Edited by travelberlin

In Germany and in South America, MSC does not give the membership discount by special offers. I have just cheked the terms in the information of benefits and in Germany it says, this discount "could not apply with this offer, check with MSC". My TA has checked with MSC and they say it does not apply. This means no membership's discounts if booking special offers.

What does it say in the information of benefits in UK?

This the small print from the UK MSC Club web site and is taken from the terms and conditions I've highlighted the relevant sentence

3. FURTHER INFORMATION ON SOME BENEFITS

MSC Club Member’s cruise discount extendible to all cabin occupants

valid all year around (Classic 5%, Silver 8%, Gold 10%, Black 20%): Your discount

has no seasonal restrictions and is valid per cabin. The discount can be combined

with other brochure offers (excluding TANDEM). As an MSC Club Member you can

extend your discount to the other people staying in your cabin. MSC Club discounts are

not combinable with any other promotions, discounts, special offers and commercial

ventures. The discount applies on the cruise price only, excluding flights, transfers and

excursions. If you travel with other MSC Club Members, the higher MSC Club discount

will be applied to the cruise fare.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

This must be new. Until now I've always been able to get the club discount deducted. I've been able to combine it either with the cruise later voucher, other promotions (such as kids cruise free) or special prices.

The cruise later voucher was always more restriceted, but it seems the club discount is moving in the same direction.