Sancastle or Coconuts???

teacherman

We will be on St Croix in 12 days for our first visit. If any of you have experienced both of these places, which would you recommend? We just like to chill on the beach and have a few beers. We don't go into the water. No real reason, we just prefer to sit, look, and drink. Any info/advice is welcome. Thank you.

Horrible day at Sandcastle yesterday. This was our first time here. We were with friends who had been before. The receptionist was super friendly and efficient! The beach attendant was ok but not overly friendly. The beach is very small and large rocks stick up. One of the local visitors told us they have had major beach erosion tis year! That didn't bother me though as I typically don't get in the water anyway. Jut reporting what we saw /were told.

There is no beach food /beverage service. If you buy the package with the rum punch you must go to the bar for the drink. No problem there either. Went to bar about 11:15 and was served the rum punch immediately.

The horrible service came at lunch time. We went to the cafe for lunch at approximately 1:00 pm. They had just gotten a "rush". We couldn't even Et drinks. We kept asking and they kept making excuses. Even when I tried canceling my frozen drink order (after 45 minutes) and just tried to get a diet coke, it took us asking 3 more times. After about 1.75 hours....4 of the 8 of us walked out. The other 4 finally received food and were offered a 25% discount.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We are enjoying a great day at Sand Castles. Currently sitting on the beach enjoying a rum punch and a beautiful view of the ocean and Jewel of the Seas.

$25 (total for 2) gets u a lounger, umbrella and two strong rum punches. Yes it's a very short walk to food and bar but beach attendant happy to take care of that for you. Yes there are a few rocks at the water line but nothing to concern yourself with IMHO.

We are enjoying a great day at Sand Castles. Currently sitting on the beach enjoying a rum punch and a beautiful view of the ocean and Jewel of the Seas.

$25 (total for 2) gets u a lounger, umbrella and two strong rum punches. Yes it's a very short walk to food and bar but beach attendant happy to take care of that for you. Yes there are a few rocks at the water line but nothing to concern yourself with IMHO.

Just saw this, I was at the pool behind you! I would have bought you a drink! Glad you enjoyed it so much. :)

• 4 weeks later...