Luau in Honolulu

momof3princesses

I'm looking for a great place in Honolulu to go to a luau. Has anyone gone to Paradise Cove? How was it? Any other great places that might be a little bit cheaper? But still good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My 2cents are the best are the larger hotels who hold them a few times a week.

The larger commercial ones have some good ( larger / better shows, scale, talent, displays, activities ) and some downside ( huge, marginal food, all you can drink crazy crowd etc. )

Paradise I have done and rate a "c."

Polynesian Cultural Center rate a "b."

Hilton rates a "a"

"c" my passable but wouldn't do again with a "b" or "a" available.

We enjoyed Germaine's Luau.

Website is: http://www.germainesluau.com/.

The luau is located at:

91-119 Olai Street Kapolei,Hawaii 96707

• Take the H-1 Freeway West. Follow signs to Waianae.
  • Leave Freeway on Exit #1 (Campbell Industrial Park),which loops over the freeway and proceed towards ocean on Kalaeloa Blvd. to the very end.
  • Turn right on Olai Street and continue until the endof the road, ending in the Germaine's Luau Parking Lot. Park, lock, & proceed to Welcome Hale to check in.
  • Approximate travel time from Waikiki is 45 minutes to 1 hour.
  • Reservations are needed.

2015 Retail Rates

• Adults (21 years & older) $88.00
  • Juniors (14 – 20 years) $78.00
  • Children (6 – 13 years) $68.00
  • Children 5 years & under free

Your price of admission includes:

• Unlimited soft drinks, coffee & tea
  • An all-you-can eat buffet dinner
  • 3 complimentary alcoholic drink coupons
    for those 21 years & older
  • an Imu ceremony
  • an exciting Polynesian show
  • Complimentary round-trip transportation from designated pick up locations throughout the Waikiki area
  • Luau begins at approximately 6:00PM
    and ends at approximately 8:45PM

Hawaiian American Buffet

Kalua Pig (Roasted Pig)Poi (Taro Potato)Sweet Dinner RollsChicken Long RiceLomilomi SalmonHaupia (Coconut Pudding)Island FishRiceFresh PineappleTeriyaki BeefPineapple ColeslawVanilla Coconut CakePulehu ChickenFresh FruitsChocolate CakeTossed Green SaladPotato Macaroni Salad

Main Bar BeveragesMai TaiGermaine's SpecialBlue Hawai`iStandard Bar DrinksPina ColadaPremium BarChi ChiDomestic & Import BeersLava Flow Wine

A variety of Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Tropical, Blended and Specialty Beverages are available

Complimentary Soft Drinks,

Hot Coffee and Hot Tea

Cold BeveragesHot BeveragesPepsi Cola Kona CoffeeDiet Pepsi ColaDecaffeinated Coffee7 UpHot TeaFruit Punch

Root Beer Mountain Dew Raspberry Iced Tea

Edited by Go-Bucks!

I have done both Paradise Cove luau and Germaine's Luau. JMHO, Paradise Cove is the better option. They actually had quite a few Hawaiian events (lei making, weaving, hula lessons, hukilau (net fishing), besides the usual feast and dancing. Both will have photos, a couple of drink coupons and a luau is a big party.

Polynesian Cultural Center is great for an all day wander through the different villages. But not a typical luau, just a room set up as a buffet like a restaurant. Then the finale show after dark in a huge amphitheater, again not what most people think of as a "luau". Again, JMHO.

It has been a couple of years since I was in Hawaii, so not sure of actual cost of each, but none of them will be cheap. They are all pretty competitively priced.