Independence of the Seas: Check-In Times Email

I received an email and automated phone message from RC stating that they are boarding the ship based on the deck your cabin is on. I have been on quite a few cruises and have never seen this before. Is this something they have recently started doing? Do you think they will not allow you to board if you show up earlier then your scheduled time? We always like to get to the ship as early as possible to maximize our time on the ship.

Yes, if you scroll down the board you will see many threads about this. They are generic e-mails, phone calls and texts designed to help spread out the boarding congestion. We have yet to read here of any enforcement.

Show up when you want and enjoy your vacation. :)

Great question! and Good to know - I am a newbie here too - long time cruiser on Disney - but now the kids are gone - we are trying RCI - and hope to be long time cruisers here - we like to get there early too - just to hang out on the ship!

Great question! and Good to know - I am a newbie here too - long time cruiser on Disney - but now the kids are gone - we are trying RCI - and hope to be long time cruisers here - we like to get there early too - just to hang out on the ship!

We pay for that day, so I want to enjoy it! Plus I'm paying for that day on the drink package, so I need my drinks!