Cruising next March

t60

Our TransAtlantic cruise starts in Rio and ends in Spain. This afternoon OH decided to pack some of his summer clothes away as Autumn is starting now for us. So while he was doing this I made list of clothes for the cruise. Now virtually all his cruise clothes are listed, sorted and ready to packed, everything co-ordinated etc . Clothes needed for our stay in Rio separated from those for the ship and ready to be packed in their own cube. Just his evening suit, Dress shirts etc still in the wardrobe

If only I could have some one sort mine out so quickly and easily....perhaps if a say a special prayer tonight...do you think that would work?

Sandy in Spain

For my World Voyage I took pictures of all my clothes (not everything in my closet but possibilities for the cruise). I printed them out (wallet size) and then I could sort out the formal attire, informal, see what could mix and match, etc.

When I buy new cruise-possible clothes I take pictures and add them to my collection. Yesterday I went through my pictures and chose the clothes for my winter crossing in January.

I "stage" my clothes in a seperate part of my closet. That way I can see them all, and count the mix and matches. I do this 3-6 months in advance, and add/subtract. Then, about a month before I count up the evening outfits, daytime outfits, and add the "standards": evening pants and daytime capris.

I "stage" my clothes in a seperate part of my closet. That way I can see them all, and count the mix and matches. I do this 3-6 months in advance, and add/subtract. Then, about a month before I count up the evening outfits, daytime outfits, and add the "standards": evening pants and daytime capris.

This makes it easier for me to pack!

This makes it easier for me to pack!

Me, too. I prefer to see the clothes, and be able to try on any new ones. I'm very picky about the fit around the tush since I am "fluffy", and also the length since I am long waisted. It just works better for me to see them all together.

I'm also always trying to double up garments: wear them during the day and again in the evening. I tend to go dressier than most during the day because my tops also are my evening clothes on casual nights.

That's why I have accumulated a wardrobe of chiffon and georgette tops, mostly from ebay. Amazing, amazing clothes I have purchased on ebay in the last 9 months.