Extra Balcony chairs

Hi,

Was wondering if it's possible for us to request extra balcony chairs/footstools for our cruise next year? We've got a nice big C Deck balcony but there are 4 of us and only 2 chairs/1 footstool. Not the end of the world if we can't but it'd be nice if we could.

Advice appreciated!

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

hi....I would say that of course it is possible to request them! Now whether they can provide them or not is a different matter!

Seriously, I would certainly ask...cant do any harm...there could well be a few spares specifically for that purpose. And if they say no...then have a quiet word with your cabin steward, he may be able to help. Otherwise...there will be at least one chair in your cabin...just take that outside when you need to.

hi....I would say that of course it is possible to request them! Now whether they can provide them or not is a different matter!

Seriously, I would certainly ask...cant do any harm...there could well be a few spares specifically for that purpose. And if they say no...then have a quiet word with your cabin steward, he may be able to help. Otherwise...there will be at least one chair in your cabin...just take that outside when you need to.

You know what I mean :)

Not really sure who we'd ask apart from the cabin steward. I recall reading somewhere that only superior deluxe balcony cabins get extra footstools however I also think I saw a video of a normal balcony cabin with 4 chairs in. I can't see why they'd say no logically; it's not exactly that there isn't the space!

Dan

I remember reading a similar post a few years ago (think it may have been a Princess cruise rather than P&O), and they were told a definite "No" - they couldn't have another chair.

As you have paid for 4 people in your cabin, then all of you should be entitled to have a balcony chair (IMHO). May be worth ringing P&O and put it in as a request for when you board. Reminding them that it is a 4 berth cabin and therefore you should all get a chair each.

I hope it works out for you. Enjoy your cruise.

We had neighbours who just went and "liberated" sunbeds from the lido for their balcony very early in the morning. The steward didn't take them away.

Would a sun lounger even fit through a balcony door? It would be worth knowing that before attempting it, only to find you can't get it into your cabin [emoji23]

Dan

Would a sun lounger even fit through a balcony door? It would be worth knowing that before attempting it, only to find you can't get it into your cabin [emoji23]

Dan

How else would they have got onto the balcony in the first place? How would they replace damaged ones? :)

How else would they have got onto the balcony in the first place? How would they replace damaged ones? :)

They're chairs though. Not Sun loungers. ;)

Talking a sun lounger or two seems a better idea than a chair anyway, you can take benefit of the half uncovered park of your balcony and do some sunbathing!

Dan