Orient Beach and Carnival

Elliot123

We are going with a large group in June. One family in our group has booked an excursion via Carnival to Orient Beach. The rest of us think that it's way too expensive and would prefer to just take a taxi to the beach. Here's my question - do any of you know what part of the beach the Carnival excursion goes to? We'd like to have the chance to sit with our friends if possible.

Also - are there boogie board rentals on the beach?

We are going with a large group in June. One family in our group has booked an excursion via Carnival to Orient Beach. The rest of us think that it's way too expensive and would prefer to just take a taxi to the beach. Here's my question - do any of you know what part of the beach the Carnival excursion goes to? We'd like to have the chance to sit with our friends if possible.

Also - are there boogie board rentals on the beach?

In case you're not aware of it, a portion of Orient Beach is clothing optional. So, if anyone in your group is offended by public nudity, you may want to consider a different excursion.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a physical barrier at Pedro's that a nudist would need to climb over or around to walk the rest of the beach. I wouldn't expect to see nudists but the beach is otherwise a European style topless beach throughout.

This is the 'Physical Barrier' at Pedro's: :)

th_DSCN1439.jpg

(click)

It is technically illegal to be nude anywhere on the island outside of the Club Orient Resort property. There is a much longer story, but that suffices.

There are still some that stroll the beach nude, but almost all of them limit their walk to early morning -- before 9:00 AM.

You will find, though, numerous people walking from the Club O property to bar/restaurants further down the beach who pause at The Rocks to put on some sort of coverup.

gary

th_DSCN1439.jpg

(click)

gary

That's the way I remember it from an earlier trip but last February I recall there being more rocks dumped there. I should have taken a picture, but we crossed over a path around Pedro's instead of following the beach.

th_DSCN1439.jpg

(click)

It is technically illegal to be nude anywhere on the island outside of the Club Orient Resort property. There is a much longer story, but that suffices.

There are still some that stroll the beach nude, but almost all of them limit their walk to early morning -- before 9:00 AM.

You will find, though, numerous people walking from the Club O property to bar/restaurants further down the beach who pause at The Rocks to put on some sort of coverup.

gary

Do you have to be staying at the Club Orient Resort to use their beach? Also do you know if it is legal to be nude in the water in front of their resort? It seems like it wouldn't be since that would be concidered public property.

Do you have to be staying at the Club Orient Resort to use their beach? Also do you know if it is legal to be nude in the water in front of their resort? It seems like it wouldn't be since that would be concidered public property.

All beaches on the island are public.

You do not have to be staying at Club Orient to use 'their' beach or to rent lounge chairs or visit their bars or restaurant.

Yes, you can certainly be nude in the water in front of the Club O property.

In fact, sometimes an amazing thing happens in the water there. People will go into the water wearing a swimsuit, and after some time and a few drinks they come out without it. :)

gary