Ft. Lauderdale to Miami

beshears

We are planning on flying in to Ft. Lauderdale. I was told it was cheaper to take a Taxi to Miami port, from Ft. Lauderdale, to get our ship.

If you have ever done a Taxi from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami port, about how much was it per person?

If you haven't, can you tell me how I could find out?

We are planning on flying in to Ft. Lauderdale. I was told it was cheaper to take a Taxi to Miami port, from Ft. Lauderdale, to get our ship.

If you have ever done a Taxi from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami port, about how much was it per person?

If you haven't, can you tell me how I could find out?

Definitely not cheap to take a taxi. I think that will run you about $80.00 (please correct me if this is not the case).

We use http://www.ridesas.com.

Sent from my iPad. Typos are inevitable.

$80 is close to what we paid too. It used to be closer to $60 but everything changes. It generally stays pretty close to the price of 2 people taking a Carnival transfer but you can save money if 3 or 4 of you are taking a taxi. Sometimes you can get a town car from the airport for about the same price as a taxi. The drivers will often negotiate and may be flexible with gas prices down. We were able to get one to take us to our hotel and pick us up the next morning for about the same price as driving straight to the port.

My past two cruises, 2012 and 2014, we have used Quality Limo Service for both to and fro FLL/POM. QLS charged us about $15 pp to POM and about $12 pp back to FLL.

Price was good, much better than a taxi, and service was great.

We just used a taxi from POM to FFL on Jan 18th. We are a family of 4. It was $80.00 including tip. So like other posters have said a shuttle is cheaper if there is only 2 of you, but for 4 of us Taxi worked the best no waiting for a shuttle to fill up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums