Miami Beach Hotel

mamaday

Do you want to be in South Beach, or will you accept properties farther north? :confused: $300 will not get you many options during the peak season in South Beach. Travelling with kids or as a couple? :confused: A few more details and some dates would help to focus the responses.

Miami Beach Resort & Spa offers both the beach and a large pool, but it is well north of South Beach dining and shopping and nightlife; good public bus transport can get you to SB.

Traveling as a couple in our 50's March 15-17. Have not spent time in Miami, so not sure if South Beach is for us. Just want to be close to the beach Not planning to rent a car so not sure how far north to go. Thanks for your suggestions.

Traveling as a couple in our 50's March 15-17. Have not spent time in Miami, so not sure if South Beach is for us. Just want to be close to the beach Not planning to rent a car so not sure how far north to go. Thanks for your suggestions.

I think you would enjoy South Beach. Check out The South Seas Hotel and The Avalon Hotel. Very reasonable.

We always stay at the Hilton Bentley South Beach, right on Ocean Drive. I am not sure on the $$$$ for that time of year. The plusses for us is 1. right on the beach, 2. SOFI (south of fifth), so it is not as crazy as above 5th on Ocean Drive. It is like $32 for a taxi from MIA to the hotel and then everything in SOBE is with in walking distance. There may be other hotels on Collins Ave one block over from Ocean Dr that is a wee bit less expensive. I would look for hotels with an address of less than 500 on Ocean Dr, Collins Ave, or Washington.

Check BetterBidding and the sticky at the top of this board for recent winning bids, hotel areas, etc.

Until after Easter is the peak tourist season in all of South FLA - availability will be tight and discounts will be few. :(

Do your homework, book something that you can live with that can be cancelled without penalty, and then keep shopping! :)

I just recently stayed at the Pier 66 and I can tell you the view of the all the cruise ships was WELL worth the price we paid. I can say we had the best view of the ships if that is something that is important to you

Pier 66 in Fort Lauderdale? :confused: OP is looking for Miami Beach hotels.

I checked the sticky for Miami priceline/hotwire hotels. Not much info and nothing for Feb or March. There seem to be a lot of hotels w availability March 15-17. Most prices for Miami/South Beach are $400+. We do like a nice place but like value for our $$$! Any other suggestions, $300-400/night?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I think you would enjoy South Beach. Check out The South Seas Hotel and The Avalon Hotel. Very reasonable.

I checked the sticky for Miami priceline/hotwire hotels. Not much info and nothing for Feb or March. There seem to be a lot of hotels w availability March 15-17. Most prices for Miami/South Beach are $400+. We do like a nice place but like value for our $$$! Any other suggestions, $300-400/night?

Both the Avalon and South Seas are within your budget. The South Seas (oceanfront on Collins) is in the $300 range and The Avalon (Ocean Drive) is under $250 for your dates.

Did I miss something? Did I get your dates wrong?

Thanks Blue Heron for the Hotel suggestions. Have you stayed at these hotels? Reviews on TA are mixed. Seeing if there are more suggestions for hotels. Thanks!

The Richmond Hotel is were we typically stay on South Beach - right on the beach and close by to everything - you don't need a car - it's very convenient - hotel is old but pool area is very lush and nice - would highly recommend - 17th on Collins

Take a look at Edgewater South Beach, http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34439-d2008516-Reviews-Edgewater_South_Beach-Miami_Beach_Florida.html

A small boutique hotel, on a more quiet part of Ocean Drive, spacious rooms with kitchenette, a Wallgreens around the block and close to a Collins Ave SoBe Flyer busstop (from MIA).