Favorite "beachy" fragrances

mattp420

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Virgin Island Water by Creed is heavenly! I use it sometimes in the winter here in Seattle for a mini vacation in one spritz! Expensive but so worth it!

Also Demeter Salt Air layers with it amazingly!

I LOVE Virgin Island Water but the longevity is just horrible on my skin. I have that problem with most Creeds - Green Irish Tweed and Aventus being the exception.

I just discovered the new Dior Homme Cologne and think it's going to be an amazing summer scent!

I LOVE Virgin Island Water but the longevity is just horrible on my skin. I have that problem with most Creeds - Green Irish Tweed and Aventus being the exception.

I just discovered the new Dior Homme Cologne and think it's going to be an amazing summer scent!

Yeah, sillage can be iffy with Virgin Island Water but you know it's worth it to me it's so good. In the winter I occasionally spray it onto the sheets and dream away to a tropical locale!

I will have to check out the new Dior Homme. I'm always in the market for a new fragrance. The last one I bought is Terre d' Hermes by Hermes. It is very fresh and maybe more Spring but I can't wait for better weather! :)

If you're interested in exclusive or non-mainstream scents you should check out Lucky Scent. They are a boutique in LA (they have a good website) and carry a ton of unique and rare scents - and you can get samples of most of them. :)

Man oh man do I ever love Terre d'Hermes - it's been one of my staples for years. If you like the original you've got to get ahold of the Eau Tres Fraiche version too. That was my summer scent last year...it's amazing. Another one to try if you like TdH is Red Vetyver by Montale.

Lucky Scent is great - I've ordered lots of samples from them and a few full bottles as well.

Man oh man do I ever love Terre d'Hermes - it's been one of my staples for years. If you like the original you've got to get ahold of the Eau Tres Fraiche version too. That was my summer scent last year...it's amazing. Another one to try if you like TdH is Red Vetyver by Montale.

Lucky Scent is great - I've ordered lots of samples from them and a few full bottles as well.

That's so funny that you mentioned the Fraiche version - that's the only one that I've smelled... after I got the Fraiche version I'm curious about the others. Are they just stronger?

Given the current circumstance with Zika mosquitoes, I will be using all unscented products when at the beach or in areas where mosquitoes are usually present. Why put on scents that could attract them? :confused:

That's so funny that you mentioned the Fraiche version - that's the only one that I've smelled... after I got the Fraiche version I'm curious about the others. Are they just stronger?

Not at all..very much a different fragrance even though they share some commonality. Honestly, I really like the Fraiche version but the original is the best. As close to the perfect scent as I've found.

Given the current circumstance with Zika mosquitoes, I will be using all unscented products when at the beach or in areas where mosquitoes are usually present. Why put on scents that could attract them? :confused:

I live in Texas - mosquitos everywhere. I don't know that they are that attracted to scents honestly. At any rate, I'm not going to change my lifestyle to avoid a possible mild cold.

Not at all..very much a different fragrance even though they share some commonality. Honestly, I really like the Fraiche version but the original is the best. As close to the perfect scent as I've found.

Good to know I'm going to check that out!

THis is my favorite beachy fragrance too...reminds me of coppertone and sand and sun.

Deb

My wife loves that one. It smells super good - wish there was a more masculine fragrance that captured that coppertone smell.

• 2 months later...
I think I found my Holy Grail beach fragrance.

Sel de Vetiver by The Different Company

Amazing. Briny, beachy perfection.

One question though... Lucky Scent says one of the notes is patchouli. Can you smell it? I can't do patchouli. Sometimes they say it but I can't really smell it.

One question though... Lucky Scent says one of the notes is patchouli. Can you smell it? I can't do patchouli. Sometimes they say it but I can't really smell it.

I would have never in a million years guessed that there was patchouli in this one. It must be a tiny amount as I can't detect any.

What I get is a crisp salted grapefruit opening followed up with a vetiver dry down that still retains some of the salty aspects of the top notes.

I would have never in a million years guessed that there was patchouli in this one. It must be a tiny amount as I can't detect any.

What I get is a crisp salted grapefruit opening followed up with a vetiver dry down that still retains some of the salty aspects of the top notes.

Sounds awesome will try!

• 4 weeks later...
I, for one, am getting some good ideas for men's AND women's fragrances so thanks to all! I am a scent fanatic when it comes to perfume, lotions and body washes. Some of my favorites for summer are by Jo Malone. The one I liked the most was discontinued a year ago.

Me too! My favorite of all time was Cedar and Sweet Lime. My heart broke when it was discontinued.

Me too! My favorite of all time was Cedar and Sweet Lime. My heart broke when it was discontinued.

Oooh yes, I loved that one! Have you tried the Sweet Lime and Mandarin yet? It's nice, too, but not my favorite.

I just purchased Guerlain Terracotta Le Parfum and it is a wonderful beachy fragrance. The listed notes are bergamot, coconut, tiaré flower, orange blossom, jasmine, ylang ylang, vanilla and musk. I would say it isn't as floral as it sounds. It's not listed, but there is a soft almond note too ... just lovely.

Edited by Sthomp

Not yet... Is it similar? What is your favorite?

It has similar notes but more of an Asian-inspired finish. I wear it at night in the colder, winter months. TBH, I love almost all of the Jo Malone scents because they are so diverse yet clean and fresh. I tend to prefer unisex fragrances that aren't overly sweet. And the sillage is off the charts so a little bit goes a very long way.

Have you tried Wood Sage & Sea Salt? I really like that one for the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I am a huge fan of Jo Malone fragrances. I like her citrus scents for summer: Grapefruit; Lime Mandarin Basil; Early Grey & Cucumber.

Mimosa and Cardamon is my warm weather favorite; dark amber and ginger lily is heavier for cool weather.