Small CHRISTMAS Gifts for Crew on Century?

bzv143

I am in a quandary. We will be on the Century for Christmas, and I wanted to give our steward, waiter, etc. a small gift and some money. Now, I already understand that most of the crew does not celebrate this Holiday per se, and I already know that they are in cramped quarters and do not need more "stuff." However, my question is--on this ship, what currency should we give them? US dollars? Aussie dollars? Chinese currency (since the ship is soon to go forever more to Singapore)?

Recommendations? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

BZV -

We almost exclusively cruise in the holidays so I know what you are going through. Even though many of them don't "celebrate" the holiday - we always tell them that it is the spirit of the holiday for us to do something. (We have also had our cabin stewards make us origami or something as a thank you)

Once upon a time we had looked into gift cards but not all gift cards are created equally so we just decided on cold hard cash. I travel internationally for work, and there are rare places that you can't use US bills so that is what we have always used.

We will be on the Oosterdam for Christmas - hope you have a great cruise!

Michelle

i know you asked about money but i do chocolate. i have been on 2 Christmas cruises and brought enough candy to make it to the laundry and engine room.. i go everywhere i can with candy. .it is the thought that counts.