Bermuda with an infant

vaka08

We are talking our 10 month old with us to bermuda this summer. We would like to go to horseshoe bay or another beach besides the one at the dockyard.

1, what is the easiest way to travel around the island with an infant? Bring our car seat? Bus? Water taxi?

2, what beaches would you recommend?

3, for those of you who have traveled with your lo's at this age, any tips or things I might not be thinking of?

Thanks!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We are talking our 10 month old with us to bermuda this summer. We would like to go to horseshoe bay or another beach besides the one at the dockyard.

1, what is the easiest way to travel around the island with an infant? Bring our car seat? Bus? Water taxi?

2, what beaches would you recommend?

3, for those of you who have traveled with your lo's at this age, any tips or things I might not be thinking of?

Thanks!!

Bermuda has great public transportation system, so buses are great way to get around.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Horseshoe bay is a good choice. They have a very calm area that is great for little kids, and also has restrooms, snack bar, and chair and umbrella rentals which many other beaches in Bermuda do not have. Regular taxi would be the fastest way there, but if you want to avoid the car seat and cut down expenses it is easy to get there via public bus. Bus and ferry system is good for getting to just about anywhere you would want to go and is cheap, safe, and easy to use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We brought our 14 month old last July to Bermuda on the X Summit. Not only did we enjoy the trip, I think he did too. He just started to learn how to walk 2 weeks prior - the motion of the ship made him a great walker very fast! LOL!!

We took a taxi to Horseshoe Beach - not only for the convenience of it, but because we brought so much stuff with us "just in case"... Didn't really need it all, but better to be prepared. When you start walking on the beach - keep walking toward the right, there is a smaller cove area that is protected from the open ocean - still beautiful, but safer, and there we so many small kids there with families. Small waves, very shallow to walk out a fair distance. We thought it would be a short excursion, also the reason for a cab, so we can set our own times... but it turned out to be a full day - our LO loved it, the food at the snack bar was decent enough, although high priced, Our LO got a darker tan than we did! Bring the high end sun screen!

With a little one, be prepared with what you might need, and be prepared to go with the flow, as I am sure you are learning quickly :p

We also did the excursion for Summer Nights festival - took the ferry, which the LO loved, and fell asleep on the way back with the rocking. Very nice evening!

Enjoy your cruise!:cool:

We brought our 14 month old last July to Bermuda on the X Summit. Not only did we enjoy the trip, I think he did too. He just started to learn how to walk 2 weeks prior - the motion of the ship made him a great walker very fast! LOL!!

We took a taxi to Horseshoe Beach - not only for the convenience of it, but because we brought so much stuff with us "just in case"... Didn't really need it all, but better to be prepared. When you start walking on the beach - keep walking toward the right, there is a smaller cove area that is protected from the open ocean - still beautiful, but safer, and there we so many small kids there with families. Small waves, very shallow to walk out a fair distance. We thought it would be a short excursion, also the reason for a cab, so we can set our own times... but it turned out to be a full day - our LO loved it, the food at the snack bar was decent enough, although high priced, Our LO got a darker tan than we did! Bring the high end sun screen!

With a little one, be prepared with what you might need, and be prepared to go with the flow, as I am sure you are learning quickly :p

We also did the excursion for Summer Nights festival - took the ferry, which the LO loved, and fell asleep on the way back with the rocking. Very nice evening!

Enjoy your cruise!:cool:

Thank you for your reply. When you took the taxi did you use your own car seat or did the taxi have one? We haven't had to install a car seat other then the one in our car with the base so not sure how easy it is to strap it in to a taxi.

Thank you for your reply. When you took the taxi did you use your own car seat or did the taxi have one? We haven't had to install a car seat other then the one in our car with the base so not sure how easy it is to strap it in to a taxi.

Both ways ended up being a minivan, which worked well with what seemed like a lot of baggage for a beach day. Hate to say it, but we did not use a car seat. Although the roads are tight and we heard so much about crazy Bermuda driving experiences, our driver was great and took extra care. Truth be told, there was so much traffic, we rarely hit even 25mph... From much of what I read prior to going, the seat is not required in public transport. Taxi or bus. Took me back to my own childhood of floating around the backseat of my parents car... We held on to our LO the who time though...

Just bought these suits for my girls; I prefer these instead of having to worry constantly about reapplying sunscreen; also keep their sun hats on.

Hope you have a great cruise making memories with your LO; we cruise in July for the first time with out 3 year old twins!

http://www.swimzip.com/boys-long-sleeve-swimwear-sets.htm

Edited by Glinda39