Mr. Sanchos..... anyone been.... looking for details...

shaynasmom

Was there last week. They do have umbrellas you can "rent" for the layout beach chairs. If on the AI side it's a $15 refundable deposit. Not sure what it is on the other side.

We loved it there and plan to go back in January!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

do you know how old the kids have to be to ride the atvs? did you do the all inclusive. We will be on Oasis leaving nov. 16

I'm not sure what age the kids have to be to ride the atvs. I looked and didn't see any ages listed on their website. You may try emailing them.

mrsanchosbeachclub@gmail.com

We did the all inclusive side and felt it was a good value for the amount of food and drinks we had. The food was good and the drinks not watered down. We plan to go back in January!

Just wondering how the snorkeling off the beach is? Has anyone tried? We have been twice and love it just never tried snorkeling. I know Chanknaab down the way has lots of fishes.

Snorkeling off of any beach with lots of sand and waves will be poor - the waves cloud the water and there are no rocks/reefs for the little fish to thrive in. I believe they do offer a snorkel tour out to the reefs - usually about $35 per person.

Just wondering how the snorkeling off the beach is? Has anyone tried? We have been twice and love it just never tried snorkeling. I know Chanknaab down the way has lots of fishes.

Since it is a sandy bottom, there's not "a lot" to see, but there is stuff to be seen. If you have your own equipment, I would say bring it because you will find some things there to look at. (I always bring my snorkeling gear and explore no matter what...just in case).

PC200294-2-L.jpg

PC200293-2-L.jpg

PC200295-L.jpg

See the fuzzy/hairy cucumber in the next picture?

PC200297-L.jpg

PC200311-2-L.jpg

PC200318-2-L.jpg

PC200313-L.jpg

PC200323-2-L.jpg

PC200327-L.jpg

See the lobster poking his head out?

PC200339-L.jpg

PC200333-L.jpg

PC200343-L.jpg

So while it's not like Chankanaab, you will find things there. There ARE obviously some rocks and sea life out there and it's right by shore too. You don't have to swim far out. The anemone that I posted in one of the pictures was on a rock right by the shore. It was maybe in knee deep water.

• 1 month later...

Personally, i would not return to Mr. Sanchos.....

I thought the place was extremely dirty.

Service was horrible.....after 30 minutes of not getting a coke, i tracked the person down and said it would be right there. Still no coke after an hour.

Food was bad, bad, bad.....gross.

They try to rip you off with the pesos versus us $. They overcharged us $24 on the jetski rental, BUT we caught it before we left and had them refund us in cash.

Fish pedicure- omg disgusting. People walk out and their feet are bleeding, and they don't clean the water so the next person puts their feet in. how gross, they say anything to get your money.

I know this is Mexico but I will go somewhere else next time in Coz- like the barhop, now that is a clean fun time.

No, they do not have beach umbrellas. They have palapas where the tables are directly behind the beach lounge chairs.

PC200271-L.jpg

The beach chairs are just lined up along the beach and the tables under the palapas are directly behind them.

PC200266-L.jpg

You make a reservation by going to their website and putting a deposit down. You down reserve a "spot" there, you are just reserving your pass there. When you get there is when you search for a spot (it's not assigned in other words...kinda a first come first serve deal).

As for the payment question...I just answered that in the post above yours. ;)

This actually may be a deal breaker for us--we need shade and want to be right on the beach. Looks like you've been to Nachi Cocom too. Do you remember if the beach chairs there have umbrellas/shade? (I can't get your pictures to work).

This actually may be a deal breaker for us--we need shade and want to be right on the beach. Looks like you've been to Nachi Cocom too. Do you remember if the beach chairs there have umbrellas/shade? (I can't get your pictures to work).

One of the reasons I am choosing paradise beach, seems to be more shade

Though looking on here and trip advisor, I have seen many photos of people at Sanchos dragging a lounger under the palapa.

One of the reasons I am choosing paradise beach, seems to be more shade

Though looking on here and trip advisor, I have seen many photos of people at Sanchos dragging a lounger under the palapa.

I looked at paradise beach, but we'd like to do a snorkeling excursion (off a boat, not just right off the beach). Mr Sanchos and Nachi Cocom seem to be the only places that offer them.

I too noticed that people drag the lounger under the palapa. I realize this is a first world problem, but I want to be right on the water. I want to look over my toes and see blue water and be able to take 5 steps and be in the water.

In looking at the website, I do see some umbrellas (man-made, not palapas) with the chairs on the beach. Hmmm...maybe I'll email them.

My pictures are located within my review listed in my signature.

HERE is a link to all of just the pictures from our day at Nachi.

Yes, they have palapas and shade at Nachi. It's a very beautiful place.

PC200850-L.jpg

PC200851-L.jpg

PC200825-L.jpg

PC200829-L.jpg

PC200892-L.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

We are booking Mr Sanchos for our Carnival cruise coming up on 2/15. We are going to be on the AI side, but I'm on the fence about weather or not to book the water toys for my DD8.

Can I decide once we get there about the water toys and just book them that day for her and my DH or do I need to book now with the AI confirmation? Thoughts?

THANKS!!

We are booking Mr Sanchos for our Carnival cruise coming up on 2/15. We are going to be on the AI side, but I'm on the fence about weather or not to book the water toys for my DD8.

Can I decide once we get there about the water toys and just book them that day for her and my DH or do I need to book now with the AI confirmation? Thoughts?

THANKS!!

You can always add them on when you arrive.

The website offers horseback riding...has anyone done this at Mr. Sanchos? My oldest loves horses and wants to ride on the beach. Would love to have feedback from anyone who has done this. Thanks!

THANKS!!

Please let me know how the water is! I'm considering this if we are able to book the April 12th sailing on the Conquest! I read the average air temp is between 75 and 85 around that time period so I'm a little worried that it may be too cold yet.

Does anyone know is it free entrance if you don't do the all inclusive? I can't find that price on their website. Also, price is now $55 for AI. Also, what would you be missing if you didn't do AI? lounge chair? umbrella? kayak? Pool?

Edited by msweezie

Does anyone know is it free entrance if you don't do the all inclusive? I can't find that price on their website. Also, price is now $55 for AI. Also, what would you be missing if you didn't do AI? lounge chair? umbrella? kayak? Pool?

No admission fee for the pay-as-you-go side of Mr. Sanchos. There is a small pool - the larger/nicer pool is on the AI side. They keep the two sides apart so that AI customers cannot "share" free drinks with PAYG customers. Expect drink/food prices in line with other beach clubs on Coz, and you'll still pay extra - AI side or PAYG side - for the water toys.

Does anybody anybody know how far in advance you need to book? I don't want it to be filled up!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Unlike Nachi, I do not think Mr. Sanchos ever sells out. There are a few web sites where you can save about $5 by booking in advance - otherwise show up and pay up.

• 11 months later...