Sending out laundry

vaitape

Taking our first Seabourn cruise in 2 weeks. What can we expect for the cost of sending out slacks, cotton shorts and blouses? Thank you...

If they do not need to be dry cleaned you can use the $50.00 bag.Best deal.Stuff the bag with anything washable.They do a great job with a 2 day window.The dry cleaning costs are very reasonable and again thy do a great job.If you are so inclined on every ship except the new one you can use the self serve laundry.

We saw the $50 a bag offer on S's and CC's website. We're first timers on Seabourn so that offer as we understand it is once a cruise. As our cruise is 28 days, a piece costing would be helpful. Thank you for taking the time to post!

We saw the $50 a bag offer on S's and CC's website. We're first timers on Seabourn so that offer as we understand it is once a cruise. As our cruise is 28 days, a piece costing would be helpful. Thank you for taking the time to post!

It's not limited.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is a bit confusing for new passengers - anyone can have as many 50$ bags as they want, and all comes back ironed etc., mine have always been perfect though some people have said some of their precious things were not so well done.

The so many times per cruise is a free bag allowed for Club members, i.e. those who are on their second cruise or more. The allowance of free bags goes up until you can have free laundry all the time; by which time Seabourn will have had a lot of money out of you!

Another laundry question: are you able to request cold wash, low dryer setting when you send out the bagged laundry?

Not that I know. All I can say is after 15 years we have had only one mistake,thank god it was my husbands shirt.They made good immediately.

I have sent out dresses,shorts,pants,Lulu Lemon workout clothes,never an issue.

Not that I know. All I can say is after 15 years we have had only one mistake,thank god it was my husbands shirt.They made good immediately.

I have sent out dresses,shorts,pants,Lulu Lemon workout clothes,never an issue.

Well it seems the laundry staff reads labels with washing instructions :)

Another laundry question: are you able to request cold wash, low dryer setting when you send out the bagged laundry?

You can write the extra instructions on the laundry sheet. I have done this for cold wash and low dry just in case and things come back fine, not shrunk. I have also forgotten to write out instructions and they still come back fine

I understand there are actually default international hospitality laundering guidelines , if customers do not provide specific instructions, and I would not be surprised if SB personnel are educated on how to follow them.

If you don't mind doing your own laundry, there are laundry facilities on the ship(odyssey). You can use them for free. Also irons and ironing boards available in the laundry room too.

You do have to keep checking for open machines. There are 4 of them, 2 laundry rooms on each side on Deck5.