Seasickness in Haven on the BA to Bermuda in June

HBCcruiser

We are sailing Mid June to Bermuda on the Breakaway in a H4 16114. Any insight regarding sailing conditions and possible seasickness then? I'm worried about movement on deck 16. Thanks for any insight.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sailing conditions to Bermuda can not be forecast for any particular date. Rough seas can occur any time. About a third of people get seasick even under mild conditions. The rest can get seasick under rough conditions.

As far as movement on deck 16, generally the higher the deck and the most forward or aft the more movement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wish we could forecast the weather but cant. i was in a DOS in october on 16 and could barely stand without effort. forget eating a bowl of soup :)

you realllllly do feel it more when you are literally at the front /top of the ship

Hmmm hope my mom doesn't hate me for upgrading us. She never gets sea sick, though. [emoji15][emoji106]

Hmmm hope my mom doesn't hate me for upgrading us. She never gets sea sick, though. [emoji15][emoji106]

If she never gets sea sick I think booking deck 16 is fine. I would be concerned about deck 16 for people who have motion sickness. And the Haven is the way to go on BA. While the sea conditions can not be predicted, storms in the Atlantic can happen any time of the year, my experience cruising in June the last three years was smooth sailing. June happens to be my favored month. I have been on a lot of sailings to Bermuda and there were a few rough sailings, but most were not rough. The few rough sailings I was on were in late August and in September. I like the weather generally in September if there are no hurricanes but the stress of tracking storms then has gotten to me. I generally won't book September anymore. Of course YMMV.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

• 2 weeks later...

I get motion sick sitting in a rocking chair, swinging on a swing, riding an elevator or escalator - literally. I can't ride in a car without getting nauseous though if I drive it helps. I get sick on every plane ride... you get the picture. Has been this way my whole life. I can't use Dramamine because it knocks me out. Bonine is better but usually only works for about 2 hours for me. Anyway, my husband and I took a bucket list trip to Alaska and I was determined to do a part of it via cruise. After a ton of research, I opted to use "the patch" (prescription in US, drug is scopolamine). I was a little nervous because meds have never really worked for me before (at least not for long periods of time) and I am not a huge fan of taking meds in general. But, we spent three weeks in Alaska and I never got sick. I actually was a passenger in a car for the first time in forever, rode a train, took a plane to the Ruth Glacier on Denali and cruised. We cruised Princess in an aft suite. Never got sick...for the first time in my life I wasnt fighting nausea all the time and didn't have to worry about carrying throw up bags (and yes, I do carry them with me ALL the time). I will say that after wearing the patch for 72 hours, it makes my up close vision a little blurry (a common side effect). To counteract this, I got some reading glasses from walgreens and it is just fine.

So I tell you this long story to tell you I have been on the Breakaway twice in aft have suites (and another BA haven sailing coming up in April), I have sailed Princess in an aft suite and RCL in a mid ship suite. I experienced rough seas on a BA cruise in January where A LOT of people were sick and it never bothered me.

Best advice I can give any person who suffers with motion sickness - get the patch and wear it!