Guaranteed cabin ?

scanmom

So, I booked 2 guaranteed suites on the Carnival Freedom leaving Feb 8th. They haven't been assigned yet. But, when I go on Carnivals website and go through the booking precession, it shows only 1 suite available. Does this mean that this will be the cabin for one of the GS I booked? Or have they assigned our cabins and just haven't told us yet? I know from reading posts here that the cabin assignment can be as last minute as when we get to the pier, but I am anxious to find out where we'll be. I'll be happy wherever, I just want to know! Thanks!!!!

Hi!

They are probably still negotiating with others to get them to buy up to whatever the higher categories of suites are. I haven't sailed Carnival, but I have seen categories of staterooms go from some to none and back again (even multiple times in one day) on the days before sailaway. It was a Princess ship I was watching, but it is common practice.

Your guarantees are somewhere in the calculation! but not necessarily a room showing as available as that one is being waved to the public as, well, available. But in the last moment swapping, it could become yours, or not. It's some kind of complicated algorithm for sure!

You may even get an upsell offer, so consider what if anything you would be willing to pay for an even better room or location, because those offers don't usually last.

But, I think I won't get an offer to upgrade. Suites are the highest level there is, right? I guess they could offer a deal for me to go ahead and choose my cabin,but I doubt I'd take it, since it would likely be the cabin I'd get anyway. I think! Lol. This is my first cruise, and it's a little confusing. I'm just impatient, I guess. I want to research the cabin I get and obsess over it! I am a huge researcher on any vacation I take, so it's hard for me not knowing. Thanks for the information.

@ Scanmom:

I am that way too. I've booked 3 cabins on the HAL Volendam for my DH and I, and four members of my family. I'm more excited than they are (and they are pretty excited), and I'm sending them pics of the ship and similar staterooms -- and as much as they are excited, they are pretty much like, MEH, we'll see the room when we get on the ship!

Oh well, as long as they love it when they get to it!

scanmom

I looked at the Freedom's deckplans -- I see there are only two Captain's Suites "above" the Grand Suites -- and just the ten Grand Suites all grouped together on the same deck (five per side/hallway that is). So I can offer no explanation for the delay in letting you know! Maybe you will get a Captain's Suite!

Good luck and have a blast, it looks a very interesting ship!