Miami Hilton Downtowm

mackfam

DH and myself are booked into this hotel for two nights pre cruise Oct 30 and 31. I can't seem to find any mention of this hotel when I do a search on this board. Can anybody tell me if this hotel is okay or should I look elsewhere? ( $413 cdn for the two nights incl taxes)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi - i stayed there in February this year for 3 nights post cruise. It was a nice hotel - rooms were large and clean, nice pool area and comfortable lounge bar area with wi fi. About a 15 minute walk to the Bayside area.

Thanks GizmoCat. Were there restaurants in the immediate area?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Once you exit your hotel, turn right, and there are a number of restaurants along Biscayne Blvd (US1).

Bin 18 (18th & Biscayne - great wine bar)

Mignonette (NE 18th St, just 1 block west of Biscayne - oyster bar/seafood)

The Daily (20th & Biscayne - breakfast and lunch)

Sabor a Peru (29th & Biscayne - a bit further north of the hotel, but great Peruvian food)

The area has really changed for the better, so as new condos and businesses have opened, more restaurants have opened.

Edited by brunello22

We ate both nights in the Bayside area - my boys wanted to go to Hard Rock Cafe, and there was also quite a few other nice eating places. Didn't have a car and didn't head the other way when we came out of the hotel as we weren't sure what we would find!

I am considering this hotel for my pre cruise stay next year. It looks fine to me, and seems that some renovations have been going on, may still be, but even with that, many do give good reviews on the hotel review sites.

To anyone who has stayed there, or lives nearby, knows the area. I see there is a Publix a block or two away. Is it safe to walk there by day? Am solo traveling female. thanks for any info/advice.

When I travel to Miami on business (not enough recently :() I usually stay at the Doubletree nearby (where some rooms offer a view of the port :cool:). The area is not super busy but is generally safe when walking from hotels to dining, etc.

I highly recommend Bin 18 - amazing beer and wine list! :D

I am considering this hotel for my pre cruise stay next year. It looks fine to me, and seems that some renovations have been going on, may still be, but even with that, many do give good reviews on the hotel review sites.

To anyone who has stayed there, or lives nearby, knows the area. I see there is a Publix a block or two away. Is it safe to walk there by day? Am solo traveling female. thanks for any info/advice.

Although I was with my sons, I would have been happy to walk about during the day on my own no problem.